Egnater Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. The only issues is the Egnater dual channel modules. In the older Eggie head and the Randall amps you only have access to 1 channel on the module.

Hey Ned (or anyone), besides the dual channels, do you know if the circuitry is different from the Randall ones, or is that dual channel the only difference?

I know there is a difference in the relays but I can't provide and more details. I've got an Egnater SL and it does sound different than the Randall Plexi, I can get similar sounds on each module but they are different. Hard to describe the difference - not sure 1 is better just different.

So on the Egnater modules in the Randall you can only use one of the 2 channels in the module?

Is that Bruce's way to keep people buying the Egnater's?LOL

Correct, only 1 channel will work in the Randall.

Not to comment for Bruce but my own opinion is that this differentiates the Egnater line from the Randall line.

That would be sooooo versitle to have 6 channels or voices on one amp.

The Egnaters are foot switchable between the 2 on the module?

Correct. the Mod50 is basically a 4 channel amp with 2 channels per module.

IrfaanSE801 said:
Hey Ned (or anyone), besides the dual channels, do you know if the circuitry is different from the Randall ones, or is that dual channel the only difference?

The circuitry is different. I compared both side by side and a good portion of the gain and tone circuits differ in a few ways. The boards are layed out differently as well. Randall's version does have a very different sound than that of the Egnater (single channel). I've a/b'd a few of the modules; Randall to Egnater and compared the circuit layouts on them as well. The component quality is higher overall in the Egnater stuff as is the overall tone stack circuit and the early stages of the overdrive. The randall modules appear to be a little hotter overall with more compression.