Rack FX & Randall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant S

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a GSP2101 Studio Processor / Preamp with a ton of effects that I dig, however I am new to this and do not necessarily know how to incorporate this unit with my main rig.

I want to introduce my amp (RG100 ES Randall) to this effects unit, and use the rack unit as more of a pedal. I want to be able to go from the distorted randall amp and switch over to the fx on the rack unit just by pushing a button, but I can't seem to get this to work/and or don't know how.

When I press bypass on my rack unit, it gives me a nice clean sound (although not what I'm looking for.) What I want is the distortion from the amp. I do not have a footswitch for the amp, so I have been using my rhythim pickup at about 4 volume on the knob for clean sounds.

I still want to be able to get clean sounds, so am I going to have to switch over on the rack unit when I do?

I don't know very much about operating this rack unit, but what I do know is I don't like the distortion it has to offer; therefor I want to be using the RG100ES.

When I normally use my amp, I put a distortion pedal in front of it... Would it be wise to switch to a distortion setting on my rack unit and then feed it into the RG100ES so it acts a pedal?

I don't even know where to begin setting this thing up, should my cable run to the FX processor, then the amp, then the cab? Should I put it in the FX loop on the amp? How do I do this?

This post is huge, so thank you for bearing with me. I know jack all about this; and it is unlikely that my post even makes sense. Hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Thank you in advance.

Here is what you want to do:

Guitar -> GSP2101 Input
GSP2101 FX Loop Send -> RG100 Input
RG100 FX Loop Send -> GSP2101 FX Loop Return (mono left)
GSP2101 main out put (mono left) -> RG100 FX Return

This will allow you to put the MFX's comp, dist, and wha before the amp where they belong and modulation and delay FX in the FX. You will be able to use your amps distortion channel and then when you want clean just switch the FX loop off and use a clean preset in the GSP. PM if you have anyother questions and I can give you my email.