Would a V2 be unsuitable for a bedroom?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robochrist

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new head to go through 4 original Celestion G12-65s but quite sadly I still live with my parents. I know that ENGLs and 6505s etc are completely unreasonable (in respect to volume) for a bedroom being all tube, but what about a V2, with it only being a tube preamp?

Thanks
Chris

The sounds of the amp is fine for playing in your bedroom but keep in mind the V2 is 400 watts. That a lot of power for just at home use.

my v2's sound great at low levels,and i run 3 of them thru 6 of the 125 cabs. never have any problems at low levels. as far as them being 400 watts,the back of the heads say 300 watts at 2 ohms. i know the cabs i have are 8 ohms,so i'm only getting around 200 watts. but crank 'em up,and wait for the cops to show!!

Robochrist said:
I am looking to buy a new head to go through 4 original Celestion G12-65s but quite sadly I still live with my parents. I know that ENGLs and 6505s etc are completely unreasonable (in respect to volume) for a bedroom being all tube, but what about a V2, with it only being a tube preamp?

Thanks
Chris

What are you talking about? 6505 and Engls sound GREAT at low volume; they rely on mostly preamp saturation while thier poweramps tend to stay clean.

I would say that you have to crank your 6505 up to 75% power to get its best sound... as all other all tube amps..... as gain is higher tone is better.... my thinking. 8)