Post some pics of your rigs!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
Here is mine......

IMG_0490.jpg

Here's the most recent picture of my rig:

randall_rm4_rig.jpg

The only change is that I've traded the G-Major and Midimate in on a Lexicon MPX-G2/R1 pair.

--B

That definately is a killer rig. I took my rm100c over to his pad last night and his rig sounds sick! The bbe along with his rocktron really set his amp apart from the rest. Guitars are killer too.

bduersch said:
Here's the most recent picture of my rig:

randall_rm4_rig.jpg

The only change is that I've traded the G-Major and Midimate in on a Lexicon MPX-G2/R1 pair.

--B

That's a killer rig!! Sometimes I wish I would have went the RM4 route but I am pretty happy with my head. How do you like those Avatar cabs? I hear they sound great and certainly have a great price. Nice to be able to choose different speakers too.

rfazano said:
That definately is a killer rig. I took my rm100c over to his pad last night and his rig sounds sick! The bbe along with his rocktron really set his amp apart from the rest. Guitars are killer too.

Thanks dude!!!

Here was my early rack, before making some major changes...

rack.jpg

The first batch of recordings for our new CD was recorded with this rig:
studio_rack1.jpg

The next time in the studio to finish up some guitar tracking; and my most current rig is this:
RecordingRig.jpg

The way I'm running my rack now is that the Langner runs one channel into the Peavey 50/50 (EL84's) and one into the VHT (KT88's) and then the Randall does the same, giving me both amps thru both kinds of power, then ran into the Genz Benz cabs in stereo so that the speakers are basically a slightly different tone out of each speaker.
<I'm using an Axess Electronics Splitter to play both preamps at the same time> = HUGE tone.
:)

How do you like those KT88 power tubes in your VHT? I was wanting to try either a set of them or some 6550's. Man that rack setup looked badass with the dual RM4's. Did you sell one of them?

trendkill1168 said:
How do you like those KT88 power tubes in your VHT? I was wanting to try either a set of them or some 6550's. Man that rack setup looked badass with the dual RM4's. Did you sell one of them?

The KT88's are INCREDIBLE.
Similar to 6L6's I'd say, but more "heavy duty" if that makes any sense.
I trade gear like a mo-fo, and I let one of the RM4's go, but plan on obtaining another as soon as I can find a good trade for one again.
The Langner is a pretty **** impressive preamp, so it's not been on the top of my trade list here too much, but when I see one pop up, I always see if I can trade for one.

Here is my current rig. I don't have all my guitars out, only my main axe on this one - if you want to see the others let me know. I think I posted my gear on another page.

rig2.jpg

Disciple said:
Here is my current rig. I don't have all my guitars out, only my main axe on this one - if you want to see the others let me know. I think I posted my gear on another page.

rig2.jpg

**** dude, you got you some stuff!

@ Disciple & jimosity:

Both of you guys have the Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12".

gb_212gflex_lg.jpg

Could you tell a little bit about these cabs? How does it compare to a regular 4x12" cab? Enough low end? Enough punch? Do you usually stack them or spread them apart for stereo when playing "live"? Is that too many questions? :p

Very cool setups btw!

I'd be interested in hearing about those cabs as well. I have no way of transporting my 4X12 to jam and would love to pick one of those up. I was checking out the reviews at Harmony Central and everyone pretty much raves about them. I bet those cabs have good bottom end with 4 ports. I used to have the 2X15 Warhead cabinet and it was ported as well. **** that thing had tremendous bottom end. Wish I never sold it now.

I really dig the Gflex cabinet. I honestly think it can stand w/ my Mesa Boogie cabinet really well. I've used them in live settings numerous times and people loved the tone w/ both cabs. I did a smaller gig at a last minute notice once and just used the Genz Benz cause I didn't want to haul the Mesa cab and the 2x12 filled the venue we played at nicely. The speakers that are in there now are the stock ones, but I want to upgrade them sometime to Celestion V30's. But the ones in there now have made me happy for a few years now - the ports do help alot with the low end.

I like your cab you have as well Trend - I've been thinking about getting a Randall XL cab myself. But there are no Randall dealers here in Denver - it sucks!

trendkill1168 said:
How do you like those Avatar cabs? I hear they sound great and certainly have a great price. Nice to be able to choose different speakers too.

I really dig the Avatar cabs... so much so that I have four of 'em... a 2x12 with G12T75's, another 2x12 with G12T-75's, a 4x12 with V30's and another 4x12 with G12H30's. Dave from Avatar is the best... everytime I've called him to ask about different speakers he's spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with me talking about all the possible options. Just nice to know that customer service isn't dead!

--B

Disciple said:
I like your cab you have as well Trend - I've been thinking about getting a Randall XL cab myself. But there are no Randall dealers here in Denver - it sucks!

Man actually I scored mine off of Ebay for like $425. The guy I bought mine off of goes by kdog4200 and I have seen him selling more of them on there from time to time for the same price. He just shipped it out to me. I think it was like $500 total or something like that. Cheap compared to a new one and there is hardly a scratch on this cabinet.

100_1557.jpg

100_1558.jpg

100_1559.jpg

100_1560.jpg

-RM100 loaded w/ xtc blackface and rectified mods
-MesaBoogie Nomad 100 long Chassis head
-Marshall 1960A cab w/ v-30s
-Vox 30 watter(I dont know the actual name of it, but its a solid state amp that pulls off the qualities of a class a tube amp
-Crate VC50
-Gibson Les Paul jr
-Tokai Breezy sound w/ seymour duncans
-Tokai Tst-62 refitted w/ gibson p-90s
-Tokai Tst-62 w/ emg david gilmour set up and mid boost
-Gibson Les Paul studio(purchased for 50 dollars from my highschool in need of new tuners haha)
-Tokai TST-52 w/ seymour duncan APS-1s
-Heritage H575 goldtop

p.s. I'll put my tokais up against any suhr anderson grosh or melencon the planet and they will have an equal or better tone! BRING TOKAI BACK TO THE STATES!

Hi Jimosity,

I was just wondering what you think of the Marshall 20/20 poweramp?