Super v arrived yesterday

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Arrived yesterday and I had only enough time to plug it in and tweek it to get a cool sound ( that took two minutes ) and play it for about 15... I'm currently renovating... new windows and siding and deck.

First impression and comparison to the Brahma...

whereas the Brahma is a brite thick sound the Super v is a brite thin sound... IN COMPARISON... so that in no way means it's thin in a negative way.

more gain than the Brahma and less bottom with a focused pronounced upper mid and brite but not harsh top... sounds vox-like in ways and sounds a lot like my Koch multitone 100's channel two in so far as gain structure.

the Super v would be the quintessential jangly clean or overdriven medium gain strat or les paul neck pu throaty/vocal quality tone.

I have not given it a good tweeking yet but right out the gate it's a killer module.

There is a lot more gain on tap than I expected and it responds very well to guitar's volumn being rolled back.

It's likely that all I'll need is the Brahma, Mr.Scary, Super V and a good overdrive... the grail is very cool but these three are best suited to my personal taste.

Rich said it well... when he said jangly

That's awesome ,Craig. i bet the Super V would be ideal for that Hendrix/SRV throaty break up/blues tone. Hendrix type rhythm probably comes through with lots of breath and response to your pick ups, right?
Have you tried the Super V as just a straight up clean sound?
T.

Thanks Axe and Tung... it was worth the wait.

I quickly ran the gain through it's entire range as I played and yes it has got a great straight up clean sound but really shines on those jangly brit style cleans.
Definetly a very open tone with lots of breath and a wide sound spectrum... in other words it fills a room as opposed to a focused tone. It takes a while before it get's compressed so dynamics a beatifully portrayed.

It's easy to dial in great tones.