Lynch Box... all issues resolved.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Well it took 10 months and I must say Randall did go above and beyond my expectations with resolving the issues surrounding my purchase of the Randall Lynch Box.

Bad tolex - replaced entire spkr cab and replaced head shell

Head blowing fuses - recieved advice on what type of fuse to use... followed advice and all is well.

Bad tubes - replaced

Delayed shipping time - just recieved the last module earier this week... Super V

General poor service and slow responce time - recieved several apologies plus a nice swag package.

All in all I'm super happy with the results and even happier that a resolve has been met eventhough it was quite a wait. I feel Randall has learned from this and I would like to believe that in the future better customer service results from all this.

Randall has a great concept/product in this modular all tube system. I can tell they really allowed George Lynch to have a huge say in the final product. I mean it when I say I feel that the Randall MTS line of amps is the biggest leap forward in tube amps in many years. Ofcoarce a big part of that is Bruce Egnater.
I look forward to the new developments and improvments in the MTS line.

One thing for sure is the Randall Lynch Box is one killer looking and sounding amp... tonally the best amp I've owned... and all at a very reasonable price.

Thanks go out to Rich, Steve and Doug for doing the best they could and making sure in the end I am 100% satisfied.

Craig

My head is blowing fuses also,when I hit the power switch it blows the fuse,I'm hoping it is a simple problem,I would appreciate any advice on the fuse issue if you could.Thanks in advance.

The best advice i can give is advice i will pass on from Randall.
Let the head warm up adequatly before you put it in play mode. Give it 5 minutes. Next replace the fuses with good quality american made fuses. Ask you local Electronics Supplies they should be able to help.

Well I just went through the electronics after pulling the chassis,there were no burnt connections anywhere that I saw,there were a couple of spade connections that were questionable,and the 7 fuses inside were fine.The only fuse that blows is the first slo blow,which would seem to be telling me that the first tube is bad.I'm going to run a tube gauntlett on this thing and let you guys know whats up. :)

OK since none of you lynch head or RM100 owners can't give any detailed advice on these problems,no offense to you either.I'll give a heads up on the fuse problem.I talked with a person from randall this morning,seems the guitarist from mudvayne had the same problem blowing the main fuse on his head.The fix= run a 10 to 12 amp fuse for your main,the 8 amp fuse it comes with is too small.Sometimes one or more of the tube fuses will blow because of this happening also,so it's not always a tube issue.

No problem :D Also if you have problems with the slo blo's for the tubes blowing,change the stock .025 amp fuses for .0315's.