Can I jam with a RM20B and 2x12?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vangit

Reaction score
Hey gang, it's my first post here.
A buddy of mine has the 100 watt head and turned me on to MTS stuff.

I'm trying to see if I can kill two birds with one stone. I have been wanting a small very portable combo that can be played at low "bedroom" volumes. But I would also want it to be strong enough when plugged into a 2x12 to jam with a drummer in a small room (think basement).

I see the module combos go from 15 watt to 50 watt (I wish there was a 25 watter). Has anyone tried the 15 watt RM20B combo into a 2x12? Can you play this set up with a drummer?

Thanks in advance.

sure, why not. The more cone surface area you push the more volume you'll get. It seems to me an awful lot of amp companies are putting out 15 to 20 watt heads an combos these days. Go for it!

I have used my RM20B with a 4x8 and a 4x12 cab and both sounded incredible! More volume and a different tone depending on what speakers are in the cab.

Even using just the combo I can keep up with another guitarist, a bassist and a drummer with two vocalist thru a PA.

I am selling my RM20B because I just bought another larger amp so PM me if you are interested.

When I had my RM20B I was able to keep up with my band using the internal speaker alone... no problems. Granted, this is probably the most laid-back band I've ever been in, but there was still a decent amount of headroom left should I have felt the need to crank it up more.

--B