I met George Lynch last night

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickgk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry it's been a while since i posted, i do have clips that of the UltraXL i had been working on as promised but my sister passed away suddenly a little over a week ago so things have been a little topsy turvy for me.

A little shining light i guess is that i got to meet my idol George Lynch last night at a clinic he did in launceston tasmania australia. I got to meet him backstage and although he was severely jetlagged he would have to be one of the most down to earth and humble guys i have ever met. The meeting was a long time dream come true for me as he has been my idol since i was 14 (now 32)

He used the lynch box at the clinic with the SuperV, Mr Scary, & Grail Modules, it sounded fantastic of course although there was some noise issues with the head (i believe ground loop problems due to differing voltages etc)

George did mention that his favourite module of the four is the Brahma but that is not quite finished as yet and he did not have that to use at the clinic.

He also mentioned the Point to Point head he is working on that will have two different power output sections, a 100 watt side for gigging and a low power totally class A side for recording, the concept sounds amazing.

Anyway hope you find the post useful, i will get UltraXL clips up asap.

Cheers
Rick

Rick -

First off, my sympathy and prayers go your way on the loss of your sister. By all means - take your time w/ your family during this tough time - the XL can wait.

That is awesome that you got to meet Lynch! I am currently enrolled in his Guitar Dojo he is doing and it is amazing! He is helping us learn alot of great techniques to help excel our playing style and approach. He has been pretty active on our members only section as well and has always been great in regards to helping all the students w/ any questions on the lessons, etc.

Once again - sorry for your loss and my prayers are w/ you and your family.

Take care -

Mike

sorry to hear about that. well, eaby now have some Ultra XL's there are only 6 of them though ebay item 7424422698

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. Strong condolences to you buddy.

But on a happier note, I'm glad you got to meet Lynch! I would freak out if i met any of my idols, which I did for a couple of seconds a few months ago (John Petrucci). Nearly pissed myself haha.