• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS or trade - Plexi module, blackstripe unmodded! --SOLD--

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disciple

Reaction score
New price drop -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two Plexi's this one and the silverface and can't justify keeping two anymore. So this one is going up for sale.

It is in MINT condition, never modded - only used a few hours.

SOLD!!

Modules I'd be interested in trading for:

Ultra XL
Modern (blackstripe)
Top Boost (blackstripe)
Ultra (blackstripe)
Rectified (blackstripe)

Let me know if you have any questions, offers or trades - take care!

Lowered price some - I'll try to get pics up either tonight or tomorrow if anyone wants to see them - let me know if anyone does.

hi there.i was wondering what the difference is between the "silver-face" module & the "black-stripe" module??? ...thanks!!!

The older silverface I believe has a .047 capacitor in the c3 section on the board and the newer versions have either a .022 or a .001 capacitor in that spot.

You can easily swap capacitors from either module and test out the sounds w/ each one to find one you really like.

As far as I know, that is the only difference in the two modules.

ok,thanks! i've got the original silver-face "Ultra" module and i sent it in to Randall(since i live 20 minutes away) to have them replace the "C3" capacitor with the .001u value.it made a huge improvement to my ears.the .047u capacitor made the module sound too boomy & not tight enough for my taste.the .001u cap mod did steal away some of the bass from the module,but i can still dial in enough bass with the e.q. knob.i thought about going with the .022u cap,but i heard it doesnt make much of a noticeable difference.either way,like you said,it's an easy mod or an easily reversable procedure...

Plexi sold to Eddie! Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it - one of my personal favorites among the MTS modules!