V2 Head Settings / EQ - Metal/Thrash

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvileOL

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if anyone had any info/advice on how to get the best out of your randall V2 head if you were to play Heavy Metal/Thrash.

If U allow me .... just go into your rehearsal room and check the amp .. experiment. Check all knobs all positions, EQ's, spent 2-3 days just playing with knobs... U will see it's possibilities very soon and u will know how to make your sound.
V2 is just an another amp in this world and all has its specific characteristics but also some standard rulz and settings.... Do not get to much worries if your mid is on 5 or 6 ....
And most important it is not high value - hi quality amp ... V2 is compromise to get impression of huge sound for les money ... it brings some problems but anyway ... when U get to MTV stage U will not be worried about amps anymore ... somebody else will do it for U.

Regards from Bosnia

Cheers dude, ive been playing with it for a while now and got a great sound, was just curious what other people were tweaking to for some ideas!

hey dude, great show in York back in september shame u wasnt using the V2 back then man oh and ETG sounds fuking mega!!!

whats ya set up like now then man?

EvileOL said:
Hey all, just wondering if anyone had any info/advice on how to get the best out of your Randall V2 head if you were to play Heavy Metal/Thrash.
Ok... all knobs you put on 12 hours and eq. set in V formation but depending on what cab you use you start from zero or you add some bottom... I have it's original 125 cab and I start from zero 'cause my 15" already gives enough bottom end... sometimes too much. Attack you set at loose... level is up to you... but please do not push gain knobs more than 5... no need at all....
That?s mine experience with V2 ... only couple of hours of playing with it. Later I write again and more....