Mr. Scary has arrived!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimosity

Reaction score
OK Guys,
The UPS man brought me a present today thanks to CapitolGuitars on eBay>

mrscary01.jpg

mrscary02.jpg

Just got it out of the box, letting the amp warm up right now...
Review coming shortly...

Looks pretty tight -

Do you have the SL+ module? A friend of mine who got to try out all the new Lynch modules said that the Mr. Scary module is pretty close to the SL+ sound. If you have the SL+ as well - let me know your thoughts on the comparison between the two.

Clips bud - clips!

Take care -

Awesome!!! hey buddy-can you tell which capacitor "value" Randall's engineers decided to use in the "C3" spot on the circuit board???...i was wondering how "tight" they decided to make it from the factory??? thanks!

Disciple said:
Looks pretty tight -

Do you have the SL+ module? A friend of mine who got to try out all the new Lynch modules said that the Mr. Scary module is pretty close to the SL+ sound. If you have the SL+ as well - let me know your thoughts on the comparison between the two.

Clips bud - clips!

Take care -

I do; it's similar to the SL+ but has a tad more gain and is more dynamic and clear / articulate.

I think if I had to choose between one or the other, I'd take the Mr. Scary; it's not light years beyond the SL+, but it's definitely better.

goldwing68nv said:
Awesome!!! hey buddy-can you tell which capacitor "value" Randall's engineers decided to use in the "C3" spot on the circuit board???...i was wondering how "tight" they decided to make it from the factory??? thanks!

scarycap.jpg

Does this help?

Good Video! But watch the tuning- It looks like you're playing a Floyd Rose which would explain it when you went to Drop D.

Thanks so much Jim, that was awesome man! Glad you shared.... making me kick myself for selling my RM4 and VHT 2/50/2 setup....stupid car..... :( If you guys ever make your way out to Philadelphia let me know, I'd love to check out your band! :D

jimosity said:
Disciple said:
Clips bud - clips!

I did ya one better; I made a video demo of it this evening.
Go here to check it out.
http://www.streamload.com/americanhc

Thanks! Sounds like I need one of those to replace my SL+.

Have you compared going through the GForce to not going through the GForce? Even on bypass I found it to suck a lot of tone since it's still going through pretty bad A<->D converters. I got rid of my GForce and replaced it with a cheapo Rocktron Xpression since the Xpression leaves the dry signal in the analog domain if you set it up right. If I had stayed with the GForce, I would have probably used a line mixer or a parallel effects loop.

Felipe R said:
thanks for the videos Jim,

Which speakers do you have in your cabs?

They are the stock speakers that are in the Genz-Benz;
Here's what their site says about 'em

THE GBE 1240-V75 LOUDSPEAKER
We?ve taken the most sought after sound in guitar speakers and made it affordable. An imported cone from England with a 1 3/4" voice coil combine to reproduce smooth, distinctive single notes and punchy, warm, rich power chords.

Power Handling RMS: Mono: 150W | Stereo 75W / side
Nominal Impedence: Mono: 4 ohm or 16 ohm | Stereo: 8 ohm / side
Frequency +/ 3db: 60-5K Hz

They are great cabs for the style of music I play.

TheAbomb12 said:
Good Video! But watch the tuning- It looks like you're playing a Floyd Rose which would explain it when you went to Drop D.

Oh yeah; that guitar was set up like crap and out of tune everywhere...
Not my normal player by any means, but it was close.
Maybe I'll do a better video of all the modules if I ever get a free minute.

GaryMcT said:
jimosity said:
Disciple said:
Clips bud - clips!

I did ya one better; I made a video demo of it this evening.
Go here to check it out.
http://www.streamload.com/americanhc

Thanks! Sounds like I need one of those to replace my SL+.

Have you compared going through the GForce to not going through the GForce? Even on bypass I found it to suck a lot of tone since it's still going through pretty bad A<->D converters. I got rid of my GForce and replaced it with a cheapo Rocktron Xpression since the Xpression leaves the dry signal in the analog domain if you set it up right. If I had stayed with the GForce, I would have probably used a line mixer or a parallel effects loop.

I'll give that a shot, I've not tried that.
I just sold an Xpression and shipped it out yesterday as a matter of fact, so that kinda sucks. Would the G-Major have the same problem as the G-Force? I've got a G-Major as well. Got a deal worked out for an Intellifex, how about that one? The quality of the effects in the G-Force are pretty **** good, but I still always find myself leaning more towards the G-Major for ease of use.

Great videos Jimosity!
I have one request: can you please record video or sound sample with: BLACKFACE, RECTO or RECTIFIED, MODERN, ULTRA and XTC! Please if possible because I am deciding among them.
Please!
Thanks and kind regards.
________
Chevrolet corvette c4

alright,thanks for the photo of the "C3" capacitor.it IS a .001u cap-right from the factory.i heard that George Lynch had Randall Amps really tighten this module up for his taste...

john7 said:
Great videos Jimosity!
I have one request: can you please record video or sound sample with: BLACKFACE, RECTO or RECTIFIED, MODERN, ULTRA and XTC! Please if possible because I am deciding among them.
Please!
Thanks and kind regards.

If I can find the time this weekend, I'll see if I can work up a video of ALL the modules that I have.