Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rmilbeck said:
"Hi. I'm selling this quality Behringer gear on ebay. I need you to take a look at it and verify that it's in great shape, only used a couple times, never abused, and is the best piece of gear I've ever used and will be sadly missed."
Always cracks me up.
</rant>

The variations of this line always crack me up. Although, I have used the "will be missed" line in variation, but I was serious. I have to sell gear to buy gear.

The other lines that crack me up are "divorce sale" or "my wife's pregnant." Both lines may be true, but why would you sell your gear? Babies don't cost that much, it's when they get older you feel the wallet get thinner...LOL.

Speaking of ebay, I think I bought my Modern module from you. I thought your name seemed familiar.

jmgman70 said:
Ya,ebay cracks me up sometimes,I have got some great deals and sold lots of stuff on there. :D
But Jason,
did you have your guitar tech check the stuff out first? :lol:
Sorry.....couldnt resist!!
Seriously....I have gotten GREAT deals on the Bay that I wouldnt find around my area. Came across so many killer amps and guitars it makes my head spin!! :shock:

Mailman1971 said:
jmgman70 said:
Ya,ebay cracks me up sometimes,I have got some great deals and sold lots of stuff on there. :D
But Jason,
did you have your guitar tech check the stuff out first? :lol:
Sorry.....couldnt resist!!
Seriously....I have gotten GREAT deals on the Bay that I wouldnt find around my area. Came across so many killer amps and guitars it makes my head spin!! :shock:
Dan,only my Pod :lol: I wish I had a boat load of dough right now,cause there some deals goin on and probably more to come!!!Sad but true :shock:

I know.....a new guitar and a new amp all in this week.
Too many good deals to pass up!!
**** YOU EBAY!!! :x

I've had mostly good luck with Ebay.
Got several guitars bought & sold through there.
My best deal?
I bought 4 - American DJ Concept:1 lights/scanners w/lasers.
These cool effect lights were about $499 each new.
I bought them used from a sound company that used them once for 6 shows at an event held at a theater. They were in mint condition, shipped in the org. boxes! (you'd think they were new)
I paid $200 each for them, used them at 6 shows with my band (hauled them around in the boxes)...then the band broke up!
I felt the Concept lights had too many glitches (needed rebooting a lot) and sometimes didn't communicate with each other as well as expected.
So, I ordered 2 custom cases from Musician's Friend (holds 2 each) and sold all 4 on Ebay for $1250 (they paid shipping)
So,
4 Concept Lights/Scanners ---- $800 from Ebay
2 Road cases for lights ------- +$200 from MF
Total-------------------------------$1000

I used the lights for several shows, then sold them for a $250 profit. :D

*sidenote*
The Concept 1 & 2 designs FAILED miserably. The "concept" was to build a cheap, multi-function scanner effect light w/laser.
Lots of breakable plastic parts inside. Too fragile.
It was discontinued two years after it's debut.
Lights like that became obsolite 5 years later.
Whew!

Just a tidbit to add:

The company that sold the 4 Concept lights to me sold several to many buyers.
Several weeks after I got my lights, I suddenly got another Concept:1 light delivered to my house. I called the company and after several days, a phone conversation explains that the light was shipped back to them, broken. Somehow, a genius in the shipping dept, slapped the wrong label on the broken unit (how it was my address, is still a mystery)
After hearing the unit was broken and after giving them the box numbers/info, they decided to let me keep it.
So, now, I own one broken, obsolite, Concept:1 effects light/scanner (w/laser) :roll:

I just can't bring myself to throw it away.
I can't rationalize having it repaired.
My g/f doesn't even know it's in the shed out back.
I'm a horder! :lol:

I get a mystery item about every 2 months from people I bought from. The mystery is that I got the right Item too, in most cases it cost them more to pay me to send it back so I get to keep the loot (big items like Ski Doo seats)

Ha ha
I often get name-checked in other peoples adverts (as I am a guitar tech) and they had their guitar set up by me and now have to sell etc etc

I always check to see that I have worked on the guitar in question out of curiosity, and every now and then I find one that has never been across my bench and have to write to the seller to get them to remove me from their advert as i wont have my work misrepresented.

It is nice that with the genuine cases they see it as an added value to name drop