New Suhr pickups with TopBoost

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryMcT

Reaction score
Here's a noodling clip of my alder Anderson Drop Top with 2 Suhr V60LP's and a Nickel SSV in the bridge. I just installed these pickups in preparation for putting a Suhr Backplate Silent Coil system in there soon:

http://home.comcast.net/~g.mctaggart/suhrpickups.mp3

This is a Randall RM50B with the TopBoost module mic'd with an SM57 with some chorused delay added after the mic. At the end, I add the OCD pedal on top of the TopBoost for the higher gain/bridge humbucker stuff.

This is the first guitar/pickups that I've had where wacking the crap out of the strings makes that much of a difference. I'm extremely happy. :)

Edit: oops, fixed the link.

Thanks!

I'm REALLY happy with these pickups! I can't wait to get the backplate on there. I have a tremol-no on the way too (which will be interesting to get working with the BPSSC). . . I'm going to have to paint flames on the side of this guitar if I do much else to it. :)

Sounds pretty dang good man - love the tone from that Top Boost.

I got to play through one at a buddy of mine's and now I want to add it to my module collection :p

Anyone have one for sale or trade?

Glad you fixed the link - I tried to listen to it earlier but it didn't work - and I was short on time so I wasn't even logged in to comment about it lol.

Mike

I do love the TopBoost. . if I had to pick one module, that would be it (with an OCD in front of it for heavier stuff.) It even cleans up pretty well with the guitar volume knob.

I did do one mod to my TopBoost, which is the resistor mod:

http://www.grailtone.com/guitar-tone-articles/randall-modules-clean-modifications.html

My old pickups were too hot for the input of the TopBoost, so it clipped pretty badly now matter what the knobs on the module were set to. I'm not sure if it would be necessary with these new pickups, but it certainly didn't change the overall tone of the module. I think the newer TopBoost modules might ship with this done already, but I'm not sure.