Egnater at Guitarcenter

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotlicks2go

Reaction score
Just recieved at GuitarCenter catalog in the mail.. Seen the Egnater Tourmaster 4 channel 212 combo, 4 channel 100w head/full stack 8-12's.
Unfortunately nothing modular.

http://www.egnateramps.com/Start.html

For the curious, here are photos and descriptions at the Egnater Website. I hear they are slated to be in the stores in December. I undertand that even though the amps are not modular, the 4 channels have voicing switches on each channel to allow you to achieve 2 clean tones and 2 overdrive tones of your choice.

Time to drool now ...

I played one of these yesterday briefly at GC and it's pretty sweet. It has 4 channels with 2 voicing on each with and adjustable contour knob. You can get tons of tones with each channel. It comes with a 6 button footswitch that selects channel, loop and verb. It would have been nice to have a midi implementation that also remembers the vintage/modern switch setting. I may have to go back today with my own guitar to give it a real workout, or take advantage of 30 day returns. We'll see.

okay, since nobody replied

Since I sold all my RM/MTS stuff

I spent about 3 hours at a Platinum GC store in MN this week. (we have a wannabe GC here in my town)
I was trying to decide if I really wanted the Dual Rec/Roadster or if the Tourmaster would do it for me.
Verdict, Roadster #1, Dual Rec # 2, Tourmaster an EXTREMELY close #3.
You can pretty much clone the OD1 and OD2 channels, but then you can pop the contour on one for rhythm and leave it off the other for the fat midrange for leads
I was pretty blown away by the tourmaster.
Had I not found a good used Dual Rec for what I could afford, I already had a Tourmaster lined up.
Dual Rec on its way, Tourmaster still an option

BTW, if you want a steal on the Tourmaster 4212 combo, the GC in Edina, near minneapolis has a NEW one for $999, and shipping is only ~$20'ish
Only reason I didn't buy it - NINETY EIGHT FREAKIN POUNDS...

..yeah 98 pounds!!!
thats about the sameweight as the Peavey JSX Combo amp.
It sounds good..but 98 pounds??????????

Who here has roadies everynight?

........I didn't think so.

GtrGeorge

Orange 412s are 50 kilo...my 212 is 1/2 that.

I figure it'll keep me in shape should I join a band :lol:

It WILL keep you in shape...
or you will be the guy in the band who "has a bad back".

...yuck.

GtrGeorge

Well, 98lbs is real heavy, but I am a really strong guy (pick up stupid amounts of weight in the gym)
My problem now, and for another year or so, is that I tore my quad off the knee last year
So I had to sell the RM100 because I couldn't carry it up and down the stairs
Picking it up is no problem, carrying up and down the stairs is.
So I got a 4x12 (bugera 80lbs - $130 used delivered from GC)
Shipped the RM100 - shipped weight 104lbs
Selling the RM50 and got a 3ch Dual rec head coming
May trade the RM50 for a Mesa Studio 22, but I still have a bid on a 4100
and I love the rebel 30 combo as well
The 4100 combo is the same as the roadster/Road king combo, etc..
Just too heavy