Pete Brahma mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
Pete modded my Brahma mod. The thing about the Brahma is the low end is weak--at least compared to the dozen or so other modules that I've owned--it's very top endy and I found that even my superV module had better bottom than the Brahma IMO.

Before the mod, I would have the bass pegged all the way up and it was still weak on the bottom--turning up the density a bit helped but then the density would be too high for the rest of my module setting preferences. After the mod, I still find myself with the bass pegged all the way but the overall balance is much better. Before the mod, the bass was pegged and I would only turn the treble up to maybe 9-10 o'clock. Now I find that my treble is set at around 2 o'clock. The gain was tweaked up a bit also so it's a little warmer then before-still not a "high gain" module by any means but it's noticeably warmer then it was before. Overall, it's a more usable module since it works better in context with the rest of my gear and settings. I find myself having the gain set pretty high on the Brahma. With the gain up, it works really REALLY well for dirty blues using a Strat, neck or mid/neck pickup combination. I can push it more with a BB pre-amp with the gain on the pedal low, about 9-10 o'clock to get a really nice dirty blues. For the higher gain stuff, I push the Brahma with a BB preamp gain set at about 2 o'clock using the bridge HB pickup--sounds very crisp and articulate.

I had sold my Tweed mod since I preferred the Deluxe over the tweed for cleans and blues. Now I would have to say the Brahma will be my main blues module and one of several that I'd tap into for classic rock or high gain tones.

Hey! hey!... hey!... hey!...
Where?s is every body? is everybody?? everybody??. body??
I posted this last month and nobody?s been on this forum since? on this forum since?? forum since?? since??
Hello! Hello!... Hello!... Hello!...
Is anybody there? anybody there?... body there?... there?...

Latest posts