High Gain Modules and Midi Questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskpsmesane

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking for the Diecast-Tearing down your blue skys album type of guitar tone. Dont know if you have heard that album or not. The guitarist there uses a bbe sonic stomp and a peavy 5150 for his tone. Im looking for that kind of tone or the metallica black album tone. Real smooth and not dry.

I just checked out jims clips of all the modules and was impressed by the recto and xtc. So i think im mainly stuck between the xtc, recto, and 1086. I would like clips of ultra xl to see what thats all about but havent found any. What do you guys think about jims clips on those modules and what do u think would work best with what im trying to get?

Im sold on the blackface.

Also, using midi, say you want to save the module setting for the xtc with the bright switch to the right but after you saved it using a floorboard or what have you, u switch it back to the left, does it still save it as being set to the right or do u have to actually switch it on?

MIDI in the MTS stuff is strictly for channel switching, it does NOT retain any of your settings. If you find you wnat to run two different settings on the same module, pick up a second module and leave it in another channel with the "other" setting. (eg: a tweed running with the gain cranked and another tweed running with the gain down for a cleaner tone)

Yeah i know the rm100m can save settings using its own footswitch but i mean when you buy an actual floorboard with a bank up and down and like how many frickin channels it has. Is it able to save settings with a module with the bright switch to the right and while being able to leave it on the left?

So a floorboard can save the settings just not the position of the switches on the modules itself? Like dan donagen has a gcx groundcontrol, he can save the settings of the modules on his floorboard but actually has the put the switches in the right positions before he plays them.

I don't think this is true.
As far as I can tell, the midi in these units is channel switching only.
The settings on the modules can't be saved...

The knobs and switches are not motorized.

If I'm missing something, somebody let me know -- I've got a GCX ground control and as cool as it would be to be able to control the settings, I just don't see it happening.

NO no no no no, you CANNOT save the settings on the modules
MIDI will only change channels on the amplifier, where you have the knobs is how they are going to sound. There is nothing digital or motorized inside the modules themselves. All knob positions and switch positions are seperate from the MIDI switching in the amp.

Hey its not that i wont take no for answer its just im still learning what midi exactly is. I dont have a lot of knowledge about it and im still trying to learn more about the rm100m before i actually get one. Could someone explain to me the series loop and effects loop on the back and what it exactly does? I just always thought that if you get a floorboard you can save settings with effects and all that too, so theres no tap dancing. Please help me out though, thanks
devin

Go to www.randallamplifiers.com

And go to their manual's section and look under RM100 - that'll tell you everything you need to know about what the series and effects loop do.

Alot easier to go there straight from the manufacturer and see what the RM100 head can do in regards to that.

Mike

Yeah, what they said - but maybe try this...

With the footswitch you can control which module is being used. On the RM100, there are 3 module slots, you can program the footswitch to bring up any of the 3 module slots - not necessarily in the order that they are plugged in.

AMP Head - MODULE 1 MODULE 2 MODULE 3
Footswitch 1 2 3

The wise guy would put the buttons so that button 1 activates module 1, button 2 module 2, button 3 module 3.

But lets say you have Blackface, TopBoost, SL+ and you want them configured in alphabetical order - Fender, Marshall, Vox - you can pick them however you want, for whatever reason you want. Or use another midi switch to do the same thing.

No matter what button you push, however, the module will play just as the knobs are set. This is real analog, no digital stuff in the path here - dial the settings you want and it stays that way until you change them intentionally or bump them accidentally while moving your rig.

Maybe that will help?

Hey yeah thanks man. Iv got some friends who were describing midi to me and their dedicated line 6 fans, and when they said you can save changes to anything on their stuff even if the knobs arnt set there, i thought u could do the same for tubes and stuff. thanks,
devin

ya know what. .im not 100% convinced your answer is correct. I just re read the manual, and it says it will save your settings.. it doesnt say it only saves the patch info, in regards to midi..

[/img]http://www.musiknet.net/settings.jpg[/img]
http://www.musiknet.net/settings.jpg

i think they have the manual written incorrectly. at first glance it seems to say it will save your settings.[/img]