Hmmm.... Fuchs ODS vs Egnater EG 3/4 module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
Well as you all probably know I just picked up a new RM50 head with a handful of modules (friend gave me his Top Boost and Ultra Lead, I bought a 1086 and an Egnater EG 3/4 module) + more to come, and I have a Fuchs ODS on the way too! :D Very excited for both heads, but I'm really curious how the EG 3/4 module could stand up to my Fuchs. From the video clip on Indoor Storm, it seems like the EG 3/4 is a really cool module (too bad my eggie module is a DUAL channel and the randall can't use both channels... arg.) and might be able to get some similar tones. Not sure about how touch sensitive it will be (i.e. picking pressure naturally overdriving the tone, nuances really standing out etc.) but I will be doing a little shootout once I get them both. The video clip on indoor storm seemed to give off a santana-esque tone to it, which I really dig for blues/jazz solo work so I'm interested to see what it sounds like back to back with my new Fuchs. Sadly my custom EarCandy cabs are still a couple weeks from completion. They are both 2x12's, one loaded with two Eminence Red, White and Blues speakers and the other will have one Eminence Swamp Thang mixed with an Eminence Wizard. This way I can compare them through two different speaker setups too.... should be fun!! My friend said he has a VHT 1x12 sitting in his studio that he might let me borrow for the time being, so if I'm lucky I might get to check both amps out this week! Tone report to follow. 8) If I can get ahold of my brother's DVD camcorder I might records some clips similar to Jim. We shall see.... I'll post up soon once I spend some time with both amps!

Oh yeah btw, my friend I scored the amp off of is SUPER cool and the amp was biased with Svetlana 6L6's, but he is also giving me a set of Mullard EL-34s to go with the amp so I can try out both with the different modules to see which sounds the best. For reference, my Fuchs has an EL-34 power amp section. :wink: