Line 6

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the vetta gives you endless tones and parameters to adjust, but in my opinion the hd147 is the ticket (for line 6) because it is more of a plug and play and sounds killer thru a 4 x 12. especially the diezel thru the treadplate setting. it was a hard decision for me (i have always had tube amps) but in the end i went with the good ol' randall mts because you just cant get the same picking dynamics with a solid state head, but they are great for bedroom levels cause they sound great at lower volumes.

Same thing as said above... I actually OWNED an HD147 and sold it about 3 months later!!! :shock: It is a good bedroom amp, doesn't kill tones and sounds decent at LOW volumes. HOWEVER, it is marketed as a HIGH VOLUME amp, and YES it can get LOUD but it loses character as you crank it and like everyone knows, they STILL have no created a way to make a solid state sound nearly as sweet as a tube amp! Go MTS or another high quality tube amp and you're good to go. IMHO, I would stay away from the whole modeling thing unless you A) HATE tube amps with a passion due to reliability etc. or B) only plan on playing in your room at low volumes.

I have some friends that are in a band www.myspace.com/somethinglikeseven they recorded all of their stuff with line 6. One flextone head and a pod. They are all line 6 dedicated and guided more towards them. They say they personally dont like tubes because of how much the tone changes the tubes where, or weather or how much you play it and when you play low, the tube amps sound better louder and you have to adjust it because it does you change your tone with volume. What do yall think about the problem with tubes changeing the tones?

I dig their gear. Practice at home through a GuitarPort which is very cool and have Verbzilla that I really like. Keep toying with the idea of using a POD XT Pro for FX in the rack with a RM4.

I also had an HD147. Hated it. ZERO sustain. The Flextones I've tried were equally crappy. The Pod XTLive is fairly nice, though. ymmv

Oh see that's totally different... using it for recording is OKAY.... I had a POD XT Live that sounded pretty decent recorded... however live with a power amp... not so great.... I have heard the same for other line 6 amps live vs in the studio. Like I said, I wasn't using my HD 147 for recording, I wanted it to play at home and jam with my friend's band and it just didn't do what I wanted it to.

A band called Lacuna Coil plays a Line 6 Flextone II HD in the studio and live. Never seen them live but the recordings sound awesome. What do yall think of the flextone 2 hd?

Latest posts