new Kirk Hammett signature amp ??? infos & price

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallica

Reaction score
hello everyone!
i have to sell my marshall amp because i am interested on metallica' tone.

the fate wanted i heared about the KH signature Randall will produce.

so in order to wait and buy this amp i need to know more.

from vids on you tube ( where Hammett talks about the new amps ) seem a small version of this amp will be produced too.

in fact i need a maximum 50W tube amp.

then, focus point - its price... how much will the 50W or 40W KH combo signature amp cost?

could someone in relationship with Randall help me?

thanx in advance!

mmm...there are not infos i guess :)
by the way i wrote Randall'....let's wait their answer ;) 8)

For right now the only KH Signature combo amp that is coming out is going to be a small Solid State practice amp that should be around $99. If you want a 50 watt all tube combo you should check out getting an RM50 w/ the KH1 and KH3 modules. This would run around $1,500.

thanx

i just got some infos and u're right...seem just the practice amp will be released as a combo small amp.. no 40 or 50W version.. :roll:

apart that there will be a 120W amp...with 2 channel instead of 3...
i don't know if it'll be a head or combo at the moment....
then which KH channels?

i hope Randall will change idea and produce a 40 or 50W KH model with 3 channels.. combo or head

this is a good chance to make a great amp...i hope they won't fail not releasing a 40-50 W amp..

if they'll just release a 120W head or combo with 2 channels only ....is an half blow in the water in my opinion...

there are not 100-120W guitar players!!!

then modding a rm50 with the kh modules is like to throw money from the window IMO....i don't want to buy a new amp and foul away 50% of stock parts then modding it . its a non sense :evil:

i was so excited about the idea to get a 40-50W KH combo version....
but....

The 120 watt amp is going to be a Solid State head and 4x12 that is aimed at the guitar players looking for an inexpensive or first halfstack.

We haven't ruled out doing a small combo and in fact there just hasn't been talk about it yet. Right now a 3 channel chassis just won't fit in the RM50 box so you would be limited to 2 channels. If 100 watts is more than you need you could always purchase an RM100 combo (3 module slots, 100 watts) and pull the two outside 6L6's effectively giving you exactly what you want. If you still want a smaller combo, no modification is needed and you don't have to throw out 50% of the parts. The KH MTS head has a little bit of a boost in the low end response. This can be had by changing a few small parts in the power section OR simply turning up the Density control on the amp. Either way is an inexpensive way to get what you want.

RD/Rich said:
The 120 watt amp is going to be a Solid State head and 4x12 that is aimed at the guitar players looking for an inexpensive or first halfstack.

We haven't ruled out doing a small combo and in fact there just hasn't been talk about it yet. Right now a 3 channel chassis just won't fit in the RM50 box so you would be limited to 2 channels. If 100 watts is more than you need you could always purchase an RM100 combo (3 module slots, 100 watts) and pull the two outside 6L6's effectively giving you exactly what you want. If you still want a smaller combo, no modification is needed and you don't have to throw out 50% of the parts. The KH MTS head has a little bit of a boost in the low end response. This can be had by changing a few small parts in the power section OR simply turning up the Density control on the amp. Either way is an inexpensive way to get what you want.

Awesome...so is it fair to day that Kirk's Density control goes to 11? \m/ :twisted: \m/ ;)

i'm so confused and disappointed :(
on the interview kirk said there would be made heads and a series of smaller verison of its amp, practice ams, combos...

ok 100W head
and 4x12 speakers for big amps...

but a missing of a 50Whead or combo...please NO! :)

RD/Rich said:

good advice that is a 100W amp though....too much for my needs

and what about getting a RM50B ( 50W - 2 channels :( ) with no modules preloaded then adding the KH1 for the clean channel and the KH2 or KH3 Module for the distorted tones?

would i get a similar decent tone as the KHs signature series...?

randallica said:
good advice that is a 100W amp though....too much for my needs

Why don't you get an RM4 and run it with a Mesa 20/20 poweramp or something. Sounds like going this way will get you your desired wattage and you also get an extra channel.
Cheers
Damian

now i'll see that amp ;)

what i want&search is the metallica kirk hammett sound so i have to get or the kh sig amp or the Rm50 with kh modules.

i need that sound and other models and different brands can't.
i'm reading 100000 forums :)
no stock amp can get the hammett and metallica tone itself, so this kh modules and amp are a must for me although i'll continue to use my pedalboard to get it...but i don't want to still use it :p
i need a real warm tube amp like these hi gain amps

the rm4 and amp+cab would be great too...but so so expesive! :O

which are the K1 and KH3 modules price?they don't compare on the price list catalogue

randallica said:
i'm so confused and disappointed :(
on the interview kirk said there would be made heads and a series of smaller verison of its amp, practice ams, combos...

ok 100W head
and 4x12 speakers for big amps...

but a missing of a 50Whead or combo...please NO! :)

"In the interveiw KH says: These initial three modules are
just the beginning. Hopefully we?ll be able to put out a module or two a
year. And I also have an idea of blossoming out and maybe doing some
effects with Randall. Maybe we?ll do a more effect-based module. The
possibilities are endless with the technology they have these days.
But here?s the important thing: these amps were designed to be able
to appeal to your standard working musician, from the total professional
who?s playing arenas way down to the kid who?s first starting out on a
cheap guitar and a practice amp. I love practice amps. I?m really aware of
the fact that if there?s a Kirk Hammett practice amp out there and kids can
buy it at an affordable price, plug into it and get a sound like mine instantly,
it will help them on the road to becoming musicians or expressing themselves
in a musical way. If that happens, I feel like I?ve done my job."

So that what we have some inexpensive practice amps and an inexpensive halfstack. There ins't any other mention of any other gear (accept some modules or FX down the road).

Quite a few manufactuers will release the larger amp first w/ a combo to follow. not saying this is happening because there hasn't been a discussion but don't rule it out. The Lynch Box has been out for almost 2 years and we are just doing a 50 watt combo now. If you don't want to wait for a RM50KH go w/ the RM100C or RM50B. Like I said before, you will be able to get the same tone in a combo, lower the wattage as needed (on the RM100C), use all three modules if you want, and just turn the density up a hair.

i'm considering to buy a RM50B with KH1 and KH3 modules

what do you think a good price for a used RM50B is?i found one for 700Euros with 2 modules in it, plus shipping.

and what about the amp without the 2 modules it has, how much can i offer the seller?

the guy can sell me his RM50B with no modules for 500Euros
is it a good price or not?

700Euros with the modules in it.
but i don't need the modules he's got cause to sell them would be tough

You need the Kirk Hammett sound???

The Kirk Hammett sound is mainly his racks of doom with about 2 Mesa Triaxis, a Marshall JMP1, Strategy 400 poweramps and a couple of Mesa Dual Recs. In the studio, this is then blended with or run through all the gear you read about in the first section of his latest interview in Guitar world about the signature RM100. This may include a Plexi, Bogner, Line6, RM100, Dumble, Roland Jazz Chorus 120, antique Fenders, etc, etc.
Check out this site for info on his gear
http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/metgear.html

Unless you've got a hell of a lot of money, then you're only going to get part of the sound. It's much better to save up for what is actually going to do the job for you, than get something that isn't right down the track. I've learnt this lesson a few times and lost a fair bit of money trying to sell gear that wasn't right.
If you've already got a good amp / combo, then you can run an RM4 into the effects loop and have more options than limiting yourself to only 2 sounds.
Not trying to discourage you from buying a Randall, just you've already made comments about how the RM50 doesn't have all the features that you are after. Any guitar tone in the studio these days is a product of mixing and running different amps together. The KH1, KH2 and KH3 as RD/Rich has said, are some of his tones and Rich has aluded to the fact that more tones will be coming later on. Just trying to make sure you don't push yourself into too much of a corner, but at the end of the day I'm not the one spending the money.
Cheers
Damian

thanx Smokey you're 100% right. the KH or Metallica sound is like every famous band' sound, so far to achieve, especially not spending 10000s $-? but it's possible to come near that point. this using some right amp&guitar models.

my marshall isn't build for that..... i don't need it anymore...i played smashing pumpkins a lot...now i'm more on metal-lica sounds.

as i have to change my amp but staying on a COMBO 50W range, i am half sure to get an USED RM50B with no modules in it and get the KH1 and KH3 modules.

of course will be relaeased new modules in the future and maybe a KH 50W combo version...but i need an amp soon...i can't wait one year, 2 ...
it' like computer components...you won't have the best pc for long time ;)
Randall and the other brands, sell products...they don't care about each guitar palyer needs it is normal.

so i'll buy a good combo amp with the power i need, and with a right sound.

at this point i'm asking if 500Euros for a RM50b removed from the 2 owners modues, is a right price or if i could offer the seller less money.
i'll get a half empty amp this way, just speaker & final amp section, then i'll add KH1 and KH3 modules apart.

Randall and the other brands, sell products...they don't care about each guitar palyer needs it is normal.

:cry: I care...

If I have done the conversion correctly (which may very well be unlikely) you would be purchasing an empty RM50 for about half of what it goes for new. That seems like a pretty good deal to me. You still might want to get it w/ the modules though, just so you have something to rock out w/ till the KH modules get overseas.

do you work for Randall ? :)
send me one with KH1 and KH3 modules as a present so! it's Christmas :)

When you do what you love for a living it isn't really work now is it :D

Dood that's funny cause I want a one of each new module for X-mas!!!!Who would have thought that we wanted the same present :D

at least my xmas wish list is realistic

Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale. Ill let you guys know how I make out.

i don't know them but they must be two hot&sexy chicks i suppose ;) isn't it? :twisted:

by the way...are the KH1 and KH3 modules already available in Europe?