Here's a tune I did using KH1, KH2, and KH3!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD/Rich

Reaction score
Doug, was kind enough to let me take the new KH modules this weekend so I wipped out this tune. The left side is the KH2 and the right is the KH3. Also the poorly played weedly bits in the middle are the KH3. All of the modules (yes, even the clean) were EQ'ed the same:

Gain 11 O'Clock
Bass 1 O'Clock
Mid 11 O'Clock
Treble 3 O'Clock
Master 12 O'Clock
Bright: Off

I used a Parker Fly Mojo w/ a SD JB (Bridge) and Jazz (Neck). I used the bridge for everything except the middle bride weedly part and for the clean bit I used the neck split. These went into a RM4 w/ the master set at 12 O'Clock, then a Boss GT-Pro, and then into a RT2/50. From there this fed a Randall RS412XXL and I used the Mic Eliminator jacks, one set to Normal the other set to Bright. That's it really, the playing could be better, the drums are too loud, and I hope you enjoy. :twisted: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6079982

AS PROMISED INDIVIDUAL TRACKS HAVE BEEN ADDED. BE WARNED, I SUX AT ZE GIT-FIDDLE!!!!!

dude that was killer, which one is heavier would you say for rythym anyway the kh-2 or 3. it was hard to tell since they toghether. suprised that was so little gain set. nice

omg rich. awesome..
this is the type of stuff id like to start showing on my new site.. both live and as archive footage... good stuff man...
cant wait until i can put in my KH orders , as well as my custom LB combo!!!!

All,
Go to www.musiknet.net and click the link to the video for the reviews of the Kirk Modules. .Ive put a player there to listen to Rich's song.

maximus1 said:
dude that was killer, which one is heavier would you say for rythym anyway the kh-2 or 3. it was hard to tell since they toghether. suprised that was so little gain set. nice

Both modules are pretty similar tone/EQ wise so I would say they are both great for rhythm. That being said, the KH2 seemed a little dryer like a VHT Pitbull but it will get a little more saturated if you turn up the gain. The KH3 was my favorite for playing this type of stuff just because it's higher gain than the KH2 and it feels more compressed and little smoother. All the modules were great though and I'm putting in my order for all three today. :D

ok rich, and what paypal address do we all send our payment to , to get ours? :shock: :wink:

:lol: To tell you the truth I'm technically behind a few dealer orders so you guys we'll get yours before I get mine. On the plus side I have the prototypes now so I can rock out w/ them for a few days before they have to come back.

I love the KH1, sounded so sweet at the end there, nice job Rich. On a side note do you know who is coming to CMI Australia's frontrunner conference this year?

If you listen to 00:57-01:04 where there is the panning between the 2 modules you can definately here the difference.

I can definately hear the "drier" VHT tone you mention on the left with the KH2.
I thought the right sounded kind of 5150ish to my ears.

IMO

SpooN said:
I love the KH1, sounded so sweet at the end there, nice job Rich. On a side note do you know who is coming to CMI Australia's frontrunner conference this year?

I'm not sure who's going to be down there :(

Thanks for the kind words guys!! :D

rich, would you do a song with only the kh-2 and only the kh-3, or some how use that song you did but with the modules individually. i would really like to hear the difference between the 2. thanks for doing the song it sounds great , can't wait to hear you do more

Thanks for the kind words. For or better or worse, YES, that tune is mine.

Maybe I'll get a chance to grab them again over the X-Mas or New Years break but that's it for now. I will post the same tune w/o drums and just the individual tracks (KH2 separately and KH3 separately) later tonight.

I will be doing V2 Ninja clips tonight if any one is interested. The guys who came up hear a few weeks ago know how much this amp slays, and now the world needs to know :twisted: