Randall V2 Ninja Clips!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD/Rich

Reaction score
I traded in the Hammett mods for the new Mike Ammott V2 Ninja. Here' some short little clips of each channel w/ and w/o EQ. I'll do a tune w/ it later this weekend if I get a chance. ENJOY.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6089610

Man.....that Ninja V2 IS alot brighter than the regular V2. That has the kind of presence I am trying to get out of mine but it just isn't there for me, at least not that I can find without making the amp terribly thin sounding. Do you have the tight/bright swtiches engaged on the tube channel? When I switch mine to tight and/or turn the bright switch on, I get the presence I am looking for but then it sounds like I am playing on single coils (I use a Lawrence L-500XL).

Yeah, the Ninja is a bit brighter than a regular V2. The Tight and Bright switch were on in those clips. The preamp is a little different in the Ninja but try some Ruby 12AX7's as they really contribute to the tone.

As a side note: Our VP of Sales (evilsam) put your PM to me up in the sales office :D If you have a Myspace page, shoot us a friend request!

If I ever cme across some ruby's I'll try them....I know that rubby's sounded like crap in my 5150II but all amps respond to the same tubes differently. Right now I got some pretty beefy tone out of a Tungsol and 2 Mesa 12AX7's in there now, but like I say, I can't put it on the Tight setting because then it sounds like single coils. The bright switch does a little bit better. I think I just need a couple of solid hours to tinker with it some more, but it is very easy to just turn it on and get a great sound. Just need to tweek tweek tweek to get my sound. I know part of the problem is I think I still have 5150II tone in my ears and I need to adjust to this totally different animal.

Thanks again for everything. That's cool you guys have my message poseed up in the office. You guys rock.

hey RD/rich, could you explain to me this stuff, im new to modern amps and i'm interested in this kind of stuff.

pros and cons to putting this stuff in, and what is it you're doing?

modern amp n00b