? RM 50 with modules or M4+modules into RT2/50 and cab?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallica

Reaction score
hello i'm reading on the forum that the M4 into RT2/50 solution, compared to a Randall head and cabinet is a little less alive....

this scares me a lot... i don't want to get something i'll be disappointed with.

as the RM50 combo amp and modules is a lot cheaper instead of the mighty rack solution - M4 into RT2/50 and cab...( plus: calbes - footswitch - rack case ..many $$ to add )

what do you suggest me considering to buy?
i'll use this configuration at home then sometimes to bring to rehearsal.

talking about sound...what will give me a best response? the 50W combo with the modules i like or the rack system? let's not think about the 4 channels of the rm4, just talking about the real sound..which is the best solution for my needs?
thanx

This is what I would do based on what is available today.

RM50 combo (Palomino) with the modules you want. This gives you portability and it's relatively light weight (the RT2/50 weighs a ton).

Then if you need more sound options I would get the new Egnater E2 which is designed to interface directly with your combo/head and provide 2-4 incremental channels.

RM50 combo will sound really good if the volume is to much load a pair of JJ 6V6's into her and she'll scream with the master at 10-12 oclock.

If I ever sell my Egnater Mod50 combo this is exactly what I would get to replace it for a fraction of the price.

Probably won't show up until after NAMM when they officially introduce the product.