IE4 Problem

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchaney

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an IE4 (Rocktron unfortunately) that I just got delivered from being in storage many years (I was overseas). Prior to being put in storage, I only had several days to play with it before I moved. Here's the problem: when I turn it on, all four channel lights light up, and the channel switch button has no effect when pressed. Also, all the volume and tone knobs for each channel are active, meaning you can hear changes in tone/volume etc with all the knobs of each channel. Current equip path I've been working with is :

guitar > IE4 > Mesa 20/20 > two mesa 1x12 (also various effects to put before/between later)

midi setting is 0000

I have yet to try it with a midi footboard (still in a box somewhere).

Any ideas on what might be wrong? Also, if needed, does anyone know how/where I could get it fixed?

Thanks much in advance,

Tom

It sounds like there is something wrong with the MIDI board. All for channel switching buses are set high at the same time.

Chances are the either Rocktron or Egnater would have to fix it for you. There may be some proprietary stuff on that board that the average repair shop may not have access to, and/or it may well be more cost effective to just replace the whole board anyway.