Deluxe vs. Blackface

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm113

Reaction score
Any advice on the Deluxe vs. the Blackface modules? I just got my RM4 last week and the Tredplate Mod, I desperately want to use my rig at my band';s gig this week end but I need a clean module atleast and no one seems to have anything in stock :oops: but I have noticed that some places have the Deluxe in stock...what do you veterans of the MTS stuff think about that module for a clean setting? I am used to the cleans on my 5150 and on my Line 6 which never seem to be perfectly clean which I really like... on my Carvin V3(which I am selling if the MTS stuff works out for me) I tend to run my clean channel on the soak setting to get that super warm, but not quite break up tone... will the deluxe be too gritty for that?

I run a Deluxe for my main clean, but I've used a Blackface before as well.
The Deluxe has a little more spank to the mids, if you have the treble up on your guitar, it'll do a great funk/country type punch. I don't really like the gain on it, too obtrusive, so I usually keep the gain down around 10 oclock. It cleans up the more you turn down the gain and crank the level.
It all depends on what kind of clean you want really.

thanks... as far as a clean i eally want something warm, strong in the mids but clean, I want to have to hit it hard to get it to break up... i had been thinking about the KH-1 since i know it was designed with active pick ups in mind (though I only have 2 guitars w emg's and I am thinking about changing those out)....

I really just want a warm clean thats clean but not too bass heavy and definately not scooped in the mids

I second kc2eeb on that one,

Deluxe is also (with more compression in the lower mids) getting bolder as you increase the gain. It takes OD and signal boosters pretty well too, my favorite clean module these days.

Claude

Hi again! I asked a few friends, they all use boosters from cellphonesignalbooster.us/canada/ and they don't have any trouble at all, try them.

I did not like the stock deluxe or Twin. I have a base modded deluxe and a custom twin from JF. The twin sounds just like my real twin....it is warm and clean and just doesn't break up at all. My real twin will break up but only at the point where my ears would bleed. The JF twin is like that but in the RM50 it does it at a lower volume.

The Twinface is the best of both in my opinion. it upgrades both circuits and makes them available for you. the deluxe has more beef and grunt while the Twin is not as rich and remains fairly clean. both are pushed well with your standard boost pedal. nice improvements on both mods in one. Plus there are additional mods you can get. I added a gain stage to mine. It;s really something.

If I were going stock I'd take the Deluxe because it is richer in tone and breaks up well but I know the modded circuit is a lot nicer

I use the Twin side to play a Rhodes sometimes. I'll be using a Moog Sub Phatty as well.

The only clean mod i got is the black face i love it but im thinking of getting modded clean but dont know what one..