KH3 Bought today!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman1971

Reaction score
Just scored a KH3 on Ebay! Should be here in a couple days. Details to follow........... :twisted:

Mailman1971 said:
Just scored a KH3 on Ebay! Should be here in a couple days. Details to follow........... :twisted:

What a pratt I am for preordering, 6 weeks wait and you'll have yours before me :(

I know.......the local music store said they wont have them in till the end of the month. I just COULDN'T RESIST!! I am sure it will kick @SS!!! :D

Mailman1971 said:
I know.......the local music store said they wont have them in till the end of the month. I just COULDN'T RESIST!! I am sure it will kick @SS!!! :D

yes......yes it does :twisted:

SO the KH-3 is supposed to be the same as KH-2 only BEEFED UP? I wonder if you can still get the KH2 Sounds out of it? I liked the Earlier Metallica stuff but when playing favor the HEAVY tones!

Mailman,
I had asked Rich about the Kh2-3.
He basically told me they are similar But KH3 is more saturated ,compressed.I believe there might be a slight variation in the mids,too

KH2 more dry open sounding .with very little compression until the top of the gain dial .Similar in voicing(not gain) to a VHT

Nice! That sounds about what I am looking for! But then again in the quest for tone........can we EVER be satisfied??? I been searching for about 25 years and just when I come close.......something new comes along that I HAVE TO HAVE!!! haha! Rock on Brothers!
Dan 8)

Mailman1971 said:
Nice! That sounds about what I am looking for! But then again in the quest for tone........can we EVER be satisfied??? I been searching for about 25 years and just when I come close.......something new comes along that I HAVE TO HAVE!!! haha! Rock on Brothers!
Dan 8)

Egnater MOD50 ... end of quest..or as I'm running... an M4 into my RM50B loop

I have a feeling the KH-3 is going to sound very similar to one of the Egnater high gain modules just voiced more agressively.

Well I had the KH3 and bought the Egnater EG5 right about the same time. The EG5 won for me. I just have too many Modern heavy modules and maybe I should check into the KH2. ANy feedback on that one?

The EG5 is definitely a killer module. How does the KH3 compare with it? If you already had the EG5 would it be worth having the KH3 as well? Or are they too similar?

They sound really different. I love the way that the EG5 sounds. The KH3 has its own sound. Like other users here how tone is perceived really varies. I thought the KH3 was deep sounding, lot of bass. If I didnt have the EG5 I would of kept it. But I am looking in to getting the KH2. That one sounds SUPERB without the OVER THE TOP sound. When I first tried the KH2 it reminded me of Master of Puppets tone? Anyone else? I liked the KH2 but grabbed the KH3 cause deep down inside I am still love the HEAVY tones!! Should of went with my gut feeling and grabbed the KH2!! :twisted:

Man.........gotta get one of those bad boys now!! Sounds about perfect for the "medium" sound I am looking for. Not too heavy is it? I only played one from about 20 minutes and it sounded great!

IMO, MOP is THE heavy tone. I even wanted to mod a module to get that tone and now it is available stock. Can someone record Puppets with it?

Hey Guys,

Can one of the EG5 owners post some overhead photos of the module for me?? I would like to see what parts are in this module.

I will send out a free T-shirt for your trouble, so PM me your address after you post the photos.

THANKS!!

Mailman1971 said:
They sound really different. I love the way that the EG5 sounds. The KH3 has its own sound. Like other users here how tone is perceived really varies. I thought the KH3 was deep sounding, lot of bass. If I didnt have the EG5 I would of kept it. But I am looking in to getting the KH2. That one sounds SUPERB without the OVER THE TOP sound. When I first tried the KH2 it reminded me of Master of Puppets tone? Anyone else? I liked the KH2 but grabbed the KH3 cause deep down inside I am still love the HEAVY tones!! Should of went with my gut feeling and grabbed the KH2!! :twisted:

Any look getting a KH2...seems like they're sold out everywhere....did Randall drop the ball on sig models again? ;)

RD/MAN said:
Hey Guys,

Can one of the EG5 owners post some overhead photos of the module for me?? I would like to see what parts are in this module.

I will send out a free T-shirt for your trouble, so PM me your address after you post the photos.

THANKS!!

Did you get the pictures you needed?

I never got a chance to get a KH2, but my local music store has one of the loaded heads and cant part it out. But that module sounds SWEEEEEEEEET!!
I got pics of the EG5 ready to send if still needed, I just dont know how to load them on this forum. Only on email. :oops: [/img]