anyone use POD XT live for fx with an rm100 head?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a POD XT Live that I am hoping to use for fx, a volume control, and a tuner with an rm100 head. My question is, how well does this work? Does anyone have any good, bad, or ugly comments about it?

Also, what would the best way to run it be? Some amps have great fx loops, while others work better while running fx in front.

I am thinking it would just run it in front and just turn the amp models off on the pod. A friend of mine does this with a Mesa Dual Rec and it works well for him.

Thanks!

You don't really want to do that for something as nice as MTS gear. Especially with the POD XT, you are going to get tone suck when you plug it in through the front (With your guitar plugged into the POD).

I have a Boss GT-8; and while I still havenet finished getting everything for my rig; I am going to use a Power Amp (the VHT 2/50/2) with one channel as the BOss GT-8; and the other Channel Using the RM4. All I would use is an A/B switch to toggle between the two, and if I need FX, I don't have to suck tone away from my RM4.