T2 Load Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El_Thwatez

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Will it injure my T2 operating it without a speaker load? I want to DI from the pre-amp but with the cab silenced (bedroom recording), but obviously don't wanna bugger the amp!

At the moment I have an old G2 running loadless as my preamp and that works fine, however, the pre-amp and power amp controls are independent and so I can have the pre up with the master down - I am not convinced I could do that with the T2?

Let us know if anyone can help,

Cheers,

Dan

As long as the T2 is in standby you'll be fine.
Maybe a T2, since it's solid state power amp, can work without a load attached, but I recomend to put in standby.
________
STOCKS TO BUY NOW

I have the same question, as an engineer, I can say that it shouldn't hurt it since it is a ss power amp, an infinite load won't hurt most ss amps, but it will damage a tube power section.

That said, we should probably wait on a definitive answer from Randall or Bruce Egnater who designed the power section.

I did find it interesting that no mention of this either way was made in the user's manual.

-R

No load is fine since it is a SS amp. You could still "clip" the poweramp and make it sound bad or cause some oscillation problems if you go nuts and turn everything way up. Keep the controls at reasonably normal settings and no load is fine.

hilly1212 said:
No load is fine since it is a SS amp. You could still "clip" the poweramp and make it sound bad or cause some oscillation problems if you go nuts and turn everything way up. Keep the controls at reasonably normal settings and no load is fine.
Just incase you guys don't know,hilly1212 works with Bruce Egnater :D

I'm glad that other people were interested in this too, it makes finding a location to record my real rig alot easier now since I don't have to worry about the load issues or volume issues. I was previously running it on standby with the cab hooked up just incase (since a low signal still gets to the speakers with the poweramp off)!

Cheers all,

Dan