HELP Randall V2 head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozzat

Reaction score
hey guys i just got my randall v2 and it looks amazing. i got it without a footswitch and i still didn't buy a cab (i live in fuckin Israel everything costs a fortune here, ill get it in a day or two). the thing is, i cant get the the channels to work, i mean - i don't see any leds turning on or off when i press on the buttons, when i try to press on the "graphic/on" for example, it just won't work. maybe this is because of the footswitch? or because it is not sonnected to a cab? plz help a noob :(

p.s. do i have to buy the V2 footswitch or any MIDI footswich will work with this?

Thanks
bozzat

You may be getting views (like mine) that are MTS people looking around at other stuff. I'd help you or at least make a suggestion or two, but I know almost nothing about the V2.

Thomas

Any midi footswitch will work with it which is the great thing about it being Midi. I'd recommend getting a cab before you get a pedal though!

I can't confirm that its 100% true with the T2/V2's since no-one has answered my question, but generally amp heads don't like running without a cab attached and the T2/V2s are probably the same. These heads have a Load/Short Circuit protection circuit built in, so you may need to have a cab or some sort of load attached to allow the head to operate. From experience, I have unintentionally hooked my T2 up to a dodgy cab, the cab started smoking and the T2 eventually cut out after operating at very low levels. I had switch it off, unplug it from the mains and leave it for a short time before hooking it up to another cab to use it again.

Final 'special question': is the V2 graphic lighting up when you turn it on? If not, then check the fuse and also check that the fuse was set to the right country/continent.

yeah it lights up and the fan works and the tubes get warmer after i turn on the standby. it all looks okay except the channel thing..

i called randall support and they told me this thing won't work without a footswitch.
so i guess the buttons on the amp are completley useless.. that's weird.

thanks anyway

You do not need a footswitch for the v2 to work,mine works fine without it.If Im understanding what your saying then something is wrong with the amp it should light up when you press the graphic or fx loop or whatever.Hope this helps

bozzat said:
yeah it lights up and the fan works and the tubes get warmer after i turn on the standby. it all looks okay except the channel thing..

i called randall support and they told me this thing won't work without a footswitch.

thanks anyway
Hi.
It must work without footswitch! thats why small buttons are built in ... to have alternative if footswitch is missing from some reason.

:) I still do not get how do you want to try V2 without cab connected? What is the goal of playing without cab? :)

Hi.
It must work without footswitch! thats why small buttons are built in ... to have alternative if footswitch is missing from some reason.

I still do not get how do you want to try V2 without cab connected? What is the goal of playing without cab?

there's no goal in that :) ill get my cab in tuesday.. do you think that maybe when ill attach a cab to the head the fx loop and the graphic and all that will light up?
maybe someone of you guys could please disconnect the cab from the V2 head and check if the channels are okay ? ..

thanks

they told me this thing won't work without a footswitch.

Whoever said that needs a firing!

If you are very concerned, can you not take it down to a local guitar/music shop and just ask if you can try it on their cab? The G2 works fine without a cab, but is 100% solidstate and entirely different circuitry, so kinda irrellevant.

Tbh until you have a cab for it to play through, you won't be able to tell if its broken, if the tubes are heating up, it could just be the lights, but then it could be the power section or the preamps, or any manner of little niggly things! But I'd say if you can make loud sound with it, it works ;-) Did you mailorder it or get it from a local shop?

you are absolutely right, ill get my cab on Tuesday and then ill be really sure about the whole thing.

i ordered it from ebay and a company called MUSTOP transferred it to israel. if something went wrong in the way, i cant tell anything to mustop because when you sign the delivery form the insurance is canceled. i know it's **** but that's what i have.. :x

final conclusion.. don't move to israel.. :)

bozzat said:
you are absolutely right, ill get my cab on Tuesday and then ill be really sure about the whole thing.

i ordered it from ebay and a company called MUSTOP transferred it to israel. if something went wrong in the way, i cant tell anything to mustop because when you sign the delivery form the insurance is canceled. i know it's s*&t but that's what i have.. :x

final conclusion.. don't move to israel.. :)
Sorry,had to laugh with you :lol:

hahaha, that's perfectly fine ;)

so ill write a new post here once i get the cab.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!! :D

hey guys i just turned on my amp and the leds were okay but when i turned it off and on again it was fucked up again...

WTF!? :shock:

In technical terms, that sounds broken... You could try changing the valves, but when my power-valve went my amp still lit up like it was fine... it was just reaaaaally reaaaaally quiet!

Where is RD/Rich to help? He always knew what was wrong with my amp!

bozzat said:
Hi.

I still do not get how do you want to try V2 without cab connected? What is the goal of playing without cab?

there's no goal in that :) ill get my cab in tuesday.. do you think that maybe when ill attach a cab to the head the fx loop and the graphic and all that will light up?
maybe someone of you guys could please disconnect the cab from the V2 head and check if the channels are okay ? ..

thanks
Have no idea! Sorry... this is to complicated for me :)

ok i got the cab
seems like the leds are going on and off when they like it. once they light up, the other time they won't..

i just got the cab and the leds didn't light up now. so i tried to play and the tone is very very quiet. i don't know what to do. im about to go crazy, this was so expensive now it's fucked and i have no warranty.

what the hell can be fixed here without costing me 2384792837948273 dollars!??!

**** :(

El_Thwatez said:
In technical terms, that sounds broken... You could try changing the valves, but when my power-valve went my amp still lit up like it was fine... it was just reaaaaally reaaaaally quiet!

Where is RD/Rich to help? He always knew what was wrong with my amp!

so what did you do?

bozzat said:
ok i got the cab
seems like the leds are going on and off when they like it. once they light up, the other time they won't..

i just got the cab and the leds didn't light up now. so i tried to play and the tone is very very quiet. i don't know what to do. im about to go crazy, this was so expensive now it's f&(%ed and i have no warranty.

what the hell can be fixed here without costing me 2384792837948273 dollars!??!

s*&t :(
:) something cross my mind. Did you maybe forget to put switcher bellow on-of switcher in position "play"? Very often guys who use my V2 live calls me at the beginning that amp won?t work and it happened that they missed this small detail. :)