Question on the Lynch Mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbrobst865

Reaction score
I know the Mr. Scary is supposed to sound like the vintage Dokken/Lynch tone. I was wondering what Mod anyone could recommend to get a tone similar to what Lynch had on Dysfunctional. I know he used a Bogner on that album. I was thinking that the XTC Mod would get me pretty close but wanted to check and see if anyone else had any ideas.

I think the Grail module is pretty close to that. More "modern" than the Mr.Scary. Both sound incredible.

8)

Oh yeah.........Grail is a must have! At least in my opinion. Really tight and Edgy sounding. Love it! :D

+1 on the Grail for Dysfunctional tones... IMHO it's a must have module lots of great tones from it. Very modern tight with clarity at high gain and low gain settings have a classic rudeness to them... I'm gonna say ENGL sounding.

Craig

+1 on the Grail for Dysfunctional tones... IMHO it's a must have module lots of great tones from it. Very modern tight with clarity at high gain and low gain settings have a classic rudeness to them... I'm gonna say ENGL sounding.

Craig

Craig

+ 1 on the grail again!

It's one of these modules that make me glad I chose the RM4 in the first place. Most of the modules I use have a strong marshall heritage (Mr Scary, Plexi and now KH-3). Adding the grail has really made my rig more versatile. It sound very agressive and modern and switching from the KH-3 to the Grail, you really get the feeling you're switching to a different amp, and not that you are swithching to another hi-gain preset voiced slightly differently, as it is the case on many "all in one" preamps.