KH1 and black faceplates arrived =)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ82

Reaction score
First up, big thanks to the Randall folks on helping to make the rig look a little more eeeeevil :D

2342855060_afba362308_o.jpg

2342027513_a67df32786_o.jpg

The KH1 arrived a couple hours ago but I haven't had much time to really run through it. It does sound/feel similar to the blackface, but has more of a slinkier feel to it...if that even makes any kind of sense. It just feels a bit easier to play on, especially chords. It's very clean, very loud, can get beefy when you adjust the gain/volume. I'll post more later after I really get a chance to do a good comparison.

2345955013_db4fccb43b_o.jpg

Hey, you have a mesa boogie studio preamp :D. Have that one in my rack too. It sounds so good I couldn't get rid of it. It gives me a unique crunch sound I can't get on the RM4.

Pretty easy.Just pull the knobs and unscrew the pot nuts and the seating screws and your there...Them black plates look "COOL"no more prints :D

Quick question MJ82,
Do you run both of those preamps into the powersection of your dual rectifier or thru a seperate poweramp? If so, how do you like it?
I'm still trying to decide....Thanks!

YUp, I run all my preamps through the recto's red powersection. At one time, I had about 6 different preamps routed via my GCX :p It's great, I really love the flexibility all around and tones are nice and punchy.