Fuchs vs RM50 (with Egnater EG3/4 and 1086 modules)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
Dude I can't even believe I'm about to say this.... I'm selling my Fuchs. :cry: The good side is I'm TOTALLY in love with the MTS stuff again!!! :shock: :lol: I A/B'ed my Fuchs and my (soon to be Lance-a-Not's) RM-50HB back to back with a Mesa Boogie 1x12 Thiele cab with an EVM-12L speaker (neutral tone, no cone distortion so you really get the FEEL of how the AMP sounds!) and was shocked to say I'm going to be selling my $1,600 Fuchs and I'm SO happy I bought the Egnater M4 rack unit and the Egnater modules!!! The Fuchs is an EXCELLENT amplifier for blues/jazz, but I guess the Randall/Egnater modular stuff fits my playing better? I haven't been able to use the EG4 channel of the EG3/4 Eggie module yet, but the EG3 channel is freaking awesome! It has a throatier, thicker lead tone that I'm truly digging! It's pretty much EXACTLY the tone I was wanting to hear, so I'm really glad I spent the extra coin on it when I saw the EG3/4 module on eBay! I have an Eggie E-Rect and Modern High Gain (both are dual channel as well) coming today funny enough, I can't wait to try them out too, even if it's only the first channels for now! Anywho, just wanted to let you guys know I A/B'ed the Fuchs against the RANDALL head and to my ears, the Randall rocked it! :D Now the 1086 is a TOTALLY different type of sound.... and as I've been very vocal on this board about it, you KNOW I love that module! :p