Mr. Scary question....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I was always a huge fan of Lynch's lead tone in the track 'Mr. Scary', but does the module of the same name produce that tone ??

The Mr Scary module produces a fairly thick, modded marshall, SLO(ish) tone which is great for Rhythm and leads...if you have the Lynch guitar with the pot taper and screamin' demon pickup..you an even roll back and get that clean tone spot on for the intros etc. (I'm sure it's easily possible with another guitar too...but was just making the point that the module *nails it*)

The Lynch modules all sound absolutely outstanding...I have SuperV, Mr Scary, Grail and it's hard to pick a favourite. :D

+1--"NAILS IT"

I've dialed in Lynch tones from Breaking the Chains up through Back for the Attack with MrScary. Just needs a little tweak from album to album. It's really impressive, especially when A/B'ed with other modules.

+1

Like everyone else said, if you're using a Lynch sig or Demon Pup you can pretty much nail any of his Dokken Tone with it.

I like to use my Fender Blackie Strat and crank the gain and I can get a pretty good Dysfuntional tone as well.

to add... when using the Mr.Scary...

Dokken tones... use Seymour Duncan Distortion

Lynch Mob tones use Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon

This will fine tune for era corect tones.

In general I find the Demon to be the better sounding of the two choices and you will still be able to cover all the Lynch tones. Especially for the volumn backed off barely breaking up sparkle clean tones Geoge gets like on Heaven Sent.

Cheers
Craig

SacredGroove said:
+1--"NAILS IT"

I've dialed in Lynch tones from Breaking the Chains up through Back for the Attack with MrScary. Just needs a little tweak from album to album. It's really impressive, especially when A/B'ed with other modules.

I should add that I've used a Screamin' Demon in my Strat for years and I also have an ESP Serpent w/ stock Screamin' Demon. I'm right in the middle of Lynch's range of tones, depending on what module I use.