KH1 soundclip w/ ESP KH2 guitar, no issues with overloading

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ82

Reaction score
Here are two more clips of the KH1. I am not having ANY issues with it clipping with any of my pickups...Passive Duncans, WCR, active Duncans (livewire mustaine), EMGs, etc.

These 2 clips are of the KH1, ESP KH2 with an 81 in the neck, tc gmajor, and the racktifier's powersection.

Chorus tone

Dry

These are the same settings I used in my last clip (
chorus tone with LTD V200, Livewire Mustaine in the neck so I didn't change a thing.

For those of you having trouble with your module, can you post a clip?

Can't post a clip but trust me, the only way to get any close to your first clip with my KH-1 is to set the gain at 3 o'clock maximum and reduce the EMG volume by 50% at least. :shock:

Man that's really weird. Yeah the gain on mine is around 11:30 and the master is around 12:00 I think. Guitar volume is all the way up.

Really weird. I have spent a lot of time working and not much playing but I may have more time this week end to check that module again.

Maybe it could be due to your pickup height? I know Emg recommends to have their pickups as close to the strings as possible but i never had them that high to avoid clipping, plus i liked the tone better that way.

Steven Latch said:
Can't post a clip but trust me, the only way to get any close to your first clip with my KH-1 is to set the gain at 3 o'clock maximum and reduce the EMG volume by 50% at least. :shock:

I assume you meant gain at 9 o'clock??? Not sure why you're expecting it to stay clean if the gain is truly at 3 o'clock.