ultra module>5150< ummm

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badboy896

Reaction score
i just got a ultra module, it was from the eden plant. it had E/H tubes in it, i have never been a big fan of those, however on some amps they can bring a edge back to a otherwise dull amp. anyhow, i felt this module had to much hi end gring and buzz. i loaded up a set of tung sol 12ax7s in there rok the gain to about 1300 and whoa i killer 5150 like ephoria. i ma running on my rm100 2 inside 6l6 jj's and outside jj el34l's biased hot, and it does nothing short of rock. i use the sl+ 1086 and the ultra, i have 4 guitars all with floyd rose and d tunas one and olp flame with evh 1 ibanez limited edition with upside down headstock and 2 jacksons, i feel they are all like stock cars b/c theres nothing stock about a stock car heh!! i have owned 3 5150s and the ultra with this setup is killer. the amp regaurdless of what module im using picks up all the differences and nuanices from all the guitars i have. i think i need to work for randall as i think this is one of the best setups ever and could really get behind this product.

Ive been wondering what module I could use to get a good high gain 5150 tone. I thought an ultra lead module might be better but ill have to give the ultrra a try.

the tung sol tubes were key for this sound. different makes of tubes produce different response, the electro harmonix didnt do it, i havent tried the JJ eec 83's but i will the ultra is not based on the 5150 circuit but the randall solid state one. the tube circuit is very dymanic and yeilds some great tones using a evh wolfie pickup and duncan distotions through my g flex cab. i am very impressed

i had the ultra xl it has the sound of a TOL, like Vai used it is a killer module but alittle more mid heavy than i like. one of the things i like about this amp is i can change tubes on one channel and not in any way affect the others. most other amps, use the same tubes V1 V2 V3 for the drive channels. and on some amps when you get one right the other one is off. so the MTS stuff is awesome to me like using the tung sols for the Ultra it really did make a diiference the Ultra Lead liked the e/h better than JJ's to my ears. so what about the pwr amp tubes?? they make a difference to Bob from eurotubes makes alota sense and knows his stuff, the tube depot is great as well and carry different brands. 6500 5881 kt 88 el34l 6l6 WOW you really have a plethora of tones with this amp i would like to see a different color faceplate arrangement than chrome, maybe gold green blue or something and i do miss my blue jewel light, but, i cant have evrything i guess. i think im going to do my own faceplates and screen the controls to go to 11. i think my fav thus far is the ultra i can nail unchained so easy and with the black jackson and the ultra i can get the tone just like scott from modern day zero on the killer song sick inside, if you havent heard it ck it out, bad to the bone