RM100 Fan noise

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evhwolfie

Reaction score
Do all rm100's have noisy fans, I just got mine last week and the fan is fairly noisy. I was thinking about replacing it with a silent 80mm computer fan since they run at the same power level. Has anyone else ever tried doing anything like this before?

The fan only makes noise because it's running. A lot of computer fans do the same thing. They are working pretty hard to keep those power tubes cool, it's pretty normal AFAIK. It never bothered me too much, let me know the amp was alive (breathing, if you will lol) plus it helped remind me to turn it onto standby and then I never forgot to make sure it was turned off! :) Basically it is normal, and I wouldn't suggest swapping out the fan as they chose the one they did for a reason. Just my .02's sir! :)

I guess ill just turn the amp up and I wont have to worry about that eh. I put it on standby alot for when im either playing acoustic or something like that and it gets to me someitmes, but its not too bad.