KH's

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff man

Reaction score
so it's been a little bit since the KH's have been released ,, are they still kicking maximum ***??? i'm not seeing much on them lately ... i'm itching to get my hands on a KH2 one day..

I think Randall are a bit slow on production of these..the early batch(es?) sold out very quickly...within couple of weeks. Next batch on it's way...

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=4115

I love my KH-3 :twisted:

well, as it turned out i was visiting a music store last night that was out of town , and they had a new KH100 or 120 amp in the store , so i plugged it in and took it around the block :D ... They seemed cool , but when i was done i was kinda disapointed. :shock: ...although i agree that the KH2 is :twisted: and the KH1 is really good as well ........ BUT heres why i think i didn't get it ....the amp is powered by 6L6's and has the 100 watt speakers ...i've never used this kind off set up before , ( i'm not saying that i didn't like it thou ) but I run JJel34ls in my 2502 and run straight into my XL cab loaded with v30s ,, so i didn't really get to here what those mods would sound like through my rig :evil: .... i was amazed at the difference ( being that i'm fairly new to the tube amp world ) overall ..good mods that give you Kirk's "lead" tone's ....but i feel these kinda fell short on the actuall Metallica sound...it's close... but then again it is a KH amp, not the PAPA HET amp 8) .....HINT, HINT Randall guy's...

i think it's still worth while to add the KH2 and 1 to my rig in the future thou

well the tubes can be replaced. the 100 watt speakered cabinet is actually a supplement to the x pattern regular KH cabinet. if you were to hear them in conjuction with each other, we wouldn't be having this discussion. :twisted:

seriously...before your underwhelmed...try it with the tubes you prefer, and the cabinet you prefer. so many time people get something new...have a honeymoon period with it...only to see them sell it later. or they try an amp in "less than ideal" circumstances...and say they suck. try the amp in your "perfect world" before making the call.

i did...wait until you see my rm100. :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

sorry ,, i guess that came out wrong ....let me say this >>>> THE AMP DOES INDEED ROCK OUT BIG TIME .... the mods are great ..especially the KH2 :evil: .... i can't wait to try them out in a set up i'm used to ....
i'm not a fan of 6l6 at this time in my life thou LOL.... i can imagine that that KH amp is only 1 "half" of the tone i was expecting and althought the TONE KILLS :twisted: ... i would love to hear the other half of "THE" tone one day...

how long do we have to wait to see (hear) your RM100??? there all the same are they not??? :shock: lol.... or is there a surprise coming ??????

RD/Steve said:
well the tubes can be replaced. the 100 watt speakered cabinet is actually a supplement to the x pattern regular KH cabinet. if you were to hear them in conjuction with each other, we wouldn't be having this discussion. :twisted:

seriously...before your underwhelmed...try it with the tubes you prefer, and the cabinet you prefer. so many time people get something new...have a honeymoon period with it...only to see them sell it later. or they try an amp in "less than ideal" circumstances...and say they suck. try the amp in your "perfect world" before making the call.

i did...wait until you see my rm100. :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Post Pix steve......LoL.