Completed my sig collection today - Brahma and KH2 :D

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKD

Reaction score
KH2_Brahma.jpg

The Lynch Signatures are by far some of my favorite sounding modules, with the KH-3 maybe topping the spot for high gain...well, at least providing some stiff competition with the UltraXL :twisted:

I'd kind of heard/expected the Brahma to be lower gain but I think it has a couple of High Gain graded tubes in it....can get really heavy but not overly compressed...very bright too..I can't imagine playing this with a Lynch Sig guitar....man that'd be a lot of high end :D

SacredGroove said:
Is that Darth Maul, in the pic? Does he go with the rig?

Darth Maul brings the evil brewtalit? :twisted:

Egnater_Barbie.jpg

It's a McDonalds bucket-cup topper ....heh

RD/Steve said:
KH2!! :twisted:

Apparently they're not that popular...can't sell my spare one even though you can't get one new for love nor money right now :evil:

when i finally get a marshall based mod..it will be the KH 2 , but for now my GRAIL keeps me comfortably away fromthe KH's 8)

if Randall want's to sell a billion MOD's they should go after HET's rythm tone!!! end of story!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

^^^^^ actually HET's "old school" tone ...

i can with ease get his load tone's down with the Grail and treadplate... :twisted:

riff man said:
when i finally get a marshall based mod..it will be the KH 2 , but for now my GRAIL keeps me comfortably away fromthe KH's 8)

if Randall want's to sell a billion MOD's they should go after HET's rythm tone!!! end of story!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't think the KH-2 is a million miles away from the Mesa/Marshall blend of vintage Metallica rhythm tones personally...and it kills for 80s thrash for that reason too.

For what it's worth....for overall high gain, I prefer the KH-3

riff man said:

i can with ease get his load tone's down with the Grail and treadplate... :twisted:

I love my Grail :twisted:

Actually it would be wicked to try and record one Rhythm track Grail and one KH-2 but I sold all my recording gear...got sick of sucking at capturing a decent guitar tone :-/

JKD said:
riff man said:

Actually it would be wicked to try and record one Rhythm track Grail and one KH-2 but I sold all my recording gear...got sick of sucking at capturing a decent guitar tone :-/

Yeah i would like to hear that as well!!! my band will be in the studio after July recording a CD and i got lot's of idea's going for guitar sound ---using the mic elim...in combination with a sm 57 ...yadda yadda ...but blending different MOD's is also on the agenda ...if it turns out well ..i'll be sure to post some clip's ...this MTS **** ROCKS :twisted:

riff man said:
JKD said:
riff man said:

Yeah i would like to hear that as well!!! my band will be in the studio after July recording a CD and i got lot's of idea's going for guitar sound ---using the mic elim...in combination with a sm 57 ...yadda yadda ...but blending different MOD's is also on the agenda ...if it turns out well ..i'll be sure to post some clip's ...this MTS s*&t ROCKS :twisted:

ahahhaha...I forgot all about the mic elim on my cab.....I even still have a cable for it I think....digs out $20 USB audio input :D

JKD said:
riff man said:
JKD said:
riff man said:

Yeah i would like to hear that as well!!! my band will be in the studio after July recording a CD and i got lot's of idea's going for guitar sound ---using the mic elim...in combination with a sm 57 ...yadda yadda ...but blending different MOD's is also on the agenda ...if it turns out well ..i'll be sure to post some clip's ...this MTS s*&t ROCKS :twisted:

ahahhaha...I forgot all about the mic elim on my cab.....I even still have a cable for it I think....digs out $20 USB audio input :D

I think these mic elim's are one of the most underrated recording tool's out there right now!!! when i use them ....what i hear coming out those speakers is what i get recorded ...mixed with some actuall sm57 or so ...killer!!!!

riff man said:
I think these mic elim's are one of the most underrated recording tool's out there right now!!! when i use them ....what i hear coming out those speakers is what i get recorded ...mixed with some actuall sm57 or so ...killer!!!!

That's what I've been saying about the Mic Eliminator since day one ! It's a really great feature on the MTS cabs.
I played a gig in the weekend and instead of miking my cab, i used the Mic Eliminator to go into the board, watching it back from a video, my sound was exactly as it was coming out of my speakers, consistency!!! That's the key, that's the cool thing about this.