Considering a V2.. but

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudosam74

Reaction score
I currently have R412XLT cab. Rated at 240watts. I know that there are new cabs rated at 400watts in the line. But I thought the entire XL cab line was made for the V2 and T2. Why would the matching cab line be so mismatched on these amps? What kind of limitations would I be looking at if I got a V2 with this cab?

It'll be fine, you aren't running full output at 8 ohms. The cab handles 240W because it has V30 speakers which are 60W, the XL cabs have G12H-100 speakers which are 100W each. The difference is because of the speakers which were chosen for their specific tones.

Besides, you'll be turning the amp down way before you get to the full output, even with an 8 ohm cabinet. It's not unusual to find cabinets that aren't rated for the full output of the amps that are pushing them.

Yrue enough, and besides, when would you ever need to go to 10 with your amp, most good sized venues mic you up, and the ones that don't mic it, you would;t have to push that amp anyway. At least in my expierince.