RM100 Complete Schematics

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulinsane

Reaction score
I know the RD guys can't share schematics with the public but I hope that doesn't prevent us from sharing our own work. I have proofed my own set of schematics for the RM100, SL+, Ultra XL, and Clean modules so please use them for your personal reference and learning. Like I said, this is my own work and it has taken me many hours to go through the whole amp and trace it out so give credit where credit is due. Basically, don't steal this work and sell it on Ebay lol. Its free to everyone. The voltages are approximates values and are referenced from an older set of incorrect schematics. I have yet to measure the absolute voltage values, but that will be the next thing I do. Once done I'll post a revision.

Use this to learn about you RM100 and how it operates. Its really a wonderful design. If you use it to modify your RM100 then do so with care. I take no responsibility for what you do to your amp and modules. Its also important to note that there are voltages of over 500VDC inside this amp even when unplugged. If you touch something the wrong way it can kill you or in the best case destroy your amp.

These schematics are .cap files. You will need to download and use CAP CAD in order to open them. Its a free 2D cad program that will allow you to zoom, modify, and change these schematics. Everything presented here is stock, but there may be some component values that differ depending on when your amp or modules were built.

All boards are in this Zip file http://www.mediafire.com/?0jvddjytjdy

If anyone finds anything wrong or wants to add modules to this work then feel free to do so. That's the reason I am sharing it. I have went over everything at least 5 times and it all seems correct.

Here is a screen shot. Everyone enjoy :D
Screenshot.jpg

WOW. I have no idea how to read schematics but this is a field im very interested in.

Your power upgrades and choke! What do those do for the amp?
Ive seen this type of mod on 5150s and Mesa but what would it do for the rm100.

Do these schematice work for the RM100 Combo?

Thanks for you time a energy into this, im going to put good use to these.

Dustin.

I'm guessing the RM100C would be the same as the head unit but with different speaker hook ups maybe. I would have to see the back of one to be sure, but the schematics should work for it though.

The transformer upgrades should make the RM100 breath fire :twisted: If you would like to know more check the link in my sig or google it. Mercury Magnetics make the best tube amp transformers in the world. Play or listen to an amp that has them you will know what I mean. Upgrading transformers is expensive but its also the most important parts of any amp. They have a huge impact on tone and amp operation. I'll be the first to try them out once they get here. I have to figure out a good way to mount them on the chassis and write up an easy to follow guide. The stock transformers were... marginal at best. The guys at Mercury Magnetic were pretty shocked by what they found inside them too. I think Randall might have got screwed by dealing with Chuang Meei.

Juggernaut said:
I have the PDF Schematics from Randall if you guys are interested in them, p.m. your email, and I'll try to get them to you asap.

If they are the PDF schematics Randall used to give out then I have to warn you. They are incorrect and misleading. I went through those at first and found several things electrically wrong, not including different part values. That's when I decided to start from square one and make my own schematics. I went through every part and every circuit to make sure I got things right. I kept my schematics in .cap format so others could edit them if they decided to play with any modification ideals. You can compare the two sets if you like but I'm pretty sure you will find that mine are complete and correct.

Do you have this in a pdf file? i am on a mac and do not have a way to view this file.

hell yah they are and thanks for reviving them from the dead. I didn't know they were on here.

Btw, has anyone heard from soulinsain? He's been MIA for quite a while now. :cry:

Jimmie

I haven't. I was about to order some transformers from him soon. Maybe he will chime in soon.

these are golden man...im just trying to make sense of it. It looks like hes included information on what components handle what, which would really open up the door for experimentation.

Dude you all seem to know around this diagrams pretty well... can someone help me identify the fuses which correspond to the pictures on this thread

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6297

It will be useful for a lot of us how to deal with the blown fuses deffect this amp has...
I dont know which rating and type goes on each of the internal fuses.. hope you cant shed a light here hehe

Thanks

joeymex said:
Dude you all seem to know around this diagrams pretty well... can someone help me identify the fuses which correspond to the pictures on this thread

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6297

It will be useful for a lot of us how to deal with the blown fuses deffect this amp has...
I dont know which rating and type goes on each of the internal fuses.. hope you cant shed a light here hehe

Thanks

I posted info in the thread....but please know I'm not an amp expert....just reading someone else's diagrams.

Ahhhh, I tried a new version of cap cad first, which didn`t work for these files. So for everyone, who has the same issues, use the link in the post, for version 1.0 :wink: