Just got done playing the KH modules and....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ82

Reaction score
...HOLY CRAP. Still love em. I have been outta town for over a week and when I was still home, I didn't really have a chance to push any air with the rig. So For the past hour or so I've just been going slightly deaf with a great smile on my face :)

I hope they do more KH stuff and keep on bringin the heavy :twisted:

I am a Metallica Freak, but seriously, I am having a hard time beleiving there will be that many different modules out there adter this initial release.

Look, Kirk is a MESA guy to get his tone, you get a rectifier, tweak it, use an OD or an EQ pedal, and boom. Your there. (I'm also on the MESA forum)

I'll eventually get the Randall at some point, but I am having a hard time seeing how many different modules will come out, or I can see them coming out, but the variance of the modules from what has been put out for Kirk, or already put out by Randall, is difficult for me to comprehend. :?

There are a *lot* of takes on modded Marshall tones...simply because I think these are people's favorite tones for rock/metal.

Although the KH modules can cop a good Metallica tone....I'd be interested in seeing what they could put out relative to a *J*H ;)

The Hammet modules love my EMG equipped guitars (ESP KH-2 baybee!)....got me dying for an Explorer with EMGs as well as my passives now though....am sure the KH2/KH3 could pull off 99% of Hetfield tones too :twisted:

there is more to coping the METALLICA sound than just a MOD it's how you play as well :twisted: ... but yeah i agree the other 80% of metallica's tone is missing in a JH mod ( we all know HET does almost all of the rythm tracks with his rig ) .... for the old school tone anyway's

...the grail or even treadplate will get you on top of that LOAD/ garage Tone as long as you got v30's in your cab ( IMO )
:twisted:

he's right the v30's or anything v30 like makes all the difference, and since i quit playing the t-75' t100 style i think the randall is more alive sounding and more 3d. its got to be the mids :wink:

I have G12h30s and v30s in my Randall MTS cab...I love it..oerfect for my 50W heads :D

The KH-3 is a great module. Amazing high gain rhythm and lead channel. Still, if I want to play "Enter Sandman" and sound close to the recorded sound, Lynch's grail with a front end booster is a better fit.

It seems this is not just an endorsment trick and that Kirk really uses his amp and modules. If so, it just means he is tired of the mesa sound and wants to go back to a more classic (ie Marshall sound).

I was initally not convinced the MTS line needed yet another round of marshall variations but after playing/buying/trading/selling many modules, my rig is now fully equipped with the lynch and hammett modules as they were a noticeable improvment (with my guitars, amps and speakers!) over the stock modules.

i'd say the signatures are a step ahead of the regular modules in everyway, but in my recto/grail experience i think i like the resistor at 470 for the extra gain but i like the c3 to be stock grail for the tightness. i just wish it had more gain, guess i'll have to go egnater for my mesa needs.