I have a Short Ultra XL Clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickgk

Reaction score
Hi There,

I just knocked out a quick clip of the Ultra XL, i don't have a website to post it on, any ideas?

Rick

HereRick's clip of the Ultra XL!

http://home.comcast.net/~g.mctaggart/UltraXLkelly212sm57.mp3

what did you record it with? what guitars? what pickups? what cab?
it sounds good!

Guitar was a PRS Custom24, cab was an australian made kelly 2x12 with V30's, mic was sm57, into pro tools mbox, no mic pre or anything like that just the built in pre within the mbox, no fx, no nothing, I just wanted to hear the sound dry

Now that i have my recording gear setup and am learning to use it i will post lots of stuff, that was a real quick and dodgy recording, as you can hear with all the mistakes and timing issues. I do like the recorded tone of that ultraxl module though, it came out better than i expected seeing as i didn't mess around with mic placement at all.
Now i just have to wait for my lynch box to arrive :)
I will do some recording with the RM20 combo when it gets here though, that should be interesting too.

Sounds awesome. Rhythm tone did sound like a blanket was covering the cabs though but the mic placement could be a factor of that.

Sounds like a wicked module for high gain leads. Seems to be really cutting well.

Could you share the settings with us? I'm not sure what i'm hearing is right but it seems to me that the module is very smooth sounding and maybe a little bit mushy on the rhythm tone.

I'd like to hear more clips, but thanks for finaly making a long awaited clip :D