Randall T2 for death metal ??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
Ok, I'm very near to getting a Randall T2 Head, thus far I've been able to get no clips of it, but from what I'm toldit's better than the V2; in the sense that it's an all-tube preamp, and it's more direct, where-as the V2 is more versitile, with 3 seperate channels, and slightly more SS sounding.

I'm excited about the T2, but alot of people on here have been comparing it to the JCM800........please tell me it can do more.....
I'm not looking for a JCM800, I'm looking for a warm, yet gain monster that can give me all the grind I need.

I generally play Progressive Death/Black Metal (from Emperor - Opeth - Nevermore - Decapitated)......will it do the trick ??

I saw your post over at harmony central but didnt have time to answer.I have not played the engl so cant comment but with the t2 I think you will need a boost up front to get into death metal area,dont get me wrong the t2 can get heavy for sure but death metal edge and tight heaviness I think it needs a simple boost pedal.