Lynch box being discontinued?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
I was over on the Lynch forum and a member indicated,

?Was at the London Guitar Show yesterday? went over to have a chat with the Randall guys about the Lynch Box combo. So start chatting and was told by the sales rep that the Lynch Box is now being CANNED ? Is this true are Randall now stopping making the amp ??

When some in the thread referred to it as ?just a rumor? it was pointed out that ?It was a Randall Sales rep on the Randall stand that made the comment?

Some speculated that maybe just overseas sales is being suspended. I and others have gathered that that LB has been a well received success.

Yeh I read the same thing, and I was the one that called it a rumor. But no one has come forward with anything that would be 100% fact as of yet.

George stated on his website that the Lynch Box is still in production and does not know were that rep got his info.

Thrash Till Deth said:
Glad to see the Lynchbox will stay in production :D

I was wondering if they are going to change it up, I mean Kirk's looks real nice, maybe that would help sales...just a thought.

racketsmackit said:
Thrash Till Deth said:

I was wondering if they are going to change it up, I mean Kirk's looks real nice, maybe that would help sales...just a thought.

A popular MTS vendor remarked that the Lynch Box was outselling the Hammett stuff..so much so they dumped their KH heads at a killer price to put the money back into something else :-/

JKD said:
racketsmackit said:
Thrash Till Deth said:

A popular MTS vendor remarked that the Lynch Box was outselling the Hammett stuff..so much so they dumped their KH heads at a killer price to put the money back into something else :-/

WOW, I thought it was the other way around...I actual like the Lynch Box, some don't, I thought the KH had a classic look.

The Lynch Box is and will continue to be in production. Actually...we also have the Lynch Box combo available. The chassis' just came in...and they sound killer...

dos.

basically a rm50 with EL34's and Lynch trim. killer...

i highly suggest ripping through this beast with a KH2. :twisted:

RD/Steve said:
dos.

basically a rm50 with EL34's and Lynch trim. killer...

i highly suggest ripping through this beast with a KH2. :twisted:

Steve,
I may have asked this before. I've got a RM100 loaded with JJ E34L's. Are there any tonal differences in the build of the Lynchbox to the RM100 if running E34L's? I am obviously aware of the cosmetic differences (tolex, logo, switches), but just curious about the tonal differences.
Cheers

I'd love to see some pics of the Lynch Box Combo???? Also, when do you think they'll start shipping out????

Thanks

there is no difference other than the cosmetics. the only chassis that is different is the Kirk chassis with the tweak to the power section.

here is a picture of it. it can be ordered now and is build on an order by order basis right now. the chassis are in stock and the shells are made. just needs to be put in the production schedule. some dealers should be getting their's this week.

as always...Funky Munky is probably the best source.

RM50LB.jpg

Wow, I think the combo is way sexier than the head!!!! Too bad I don't need another amp.....

BTW Rich, Thanks for the Pic!!!!

While I'm thinking about it.......

Does the combo ship with the Eminence Super V's in it????

RD/Steve said:
he wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Nice I've been wanting to try those out!!!

How would you say they compare to the Celestion V30's????