Is the Rm-100 useless b4 purchasing modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodvocivus

Reaction score
I just purchased an Rm-100 and waiting fir it to be shipped. I am going to receive it before I start looking for modules. Is it at all possible to use the amp before I get my modules? Sorry if this question is completely ignorant. :?

You cannot use the amp head without modules since that is where the whole circuitry for the tone derives from. It will power up with the tubes and such, but you will get no sound when you plug in since there is no signal to go out until you get at least one of the modules put in one of the 3 slots of the RM100.

Sorry to be the bearer of the sad news... You might as well grab one of Steve's other modules still available for $115 - a hell of a deal!

If you have a seperate pre amp like a pod or rocktron gainiac pluging it into the series loop return will alow you to use the rm power amp. the master vol , density and presence controls will still be functional. hopfully this will hold you over till you get those modules.