Randall v2 verus Krank

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempora

Reaction score
Im currently using a randall rh100 g2 amp head. Im looking to update ive recently tryed out the randall v2 and loved it. Its the loudest thing ever plus it comes with a graphic eq witch i need. The krank looks like the amp of moment as all my faverote artists are using them. I still havnt tryed out a krank. Anyone have a input.

I don't think you could go wrong with the V2 but I have not played them. Egnator helped design the G3's, V2, T2, X2 Warhead, and MTS amps. Personally I would like to score an X2 Warhead. They have an insane amount of gain and are good to go right out of the box.

The V2 is an incredible head, and the only reason I didn't buy one is because I bought an RM100, but I prefer it over the Krank. I think it's the way it's built, with that SS transistor at the end of the signal (the Krankenstein at least), but it gave me a real buzzy tone instead of crunchy and tight like the V2. Not to say the Krank is a bad amp, I guess it depends what you use with it and how hard you crank it, but it didn't really do it for me. Just be warned, if your a bedroom jammer the V2 might not be the best thing to use because it's loud as hell, even with the volume at 9 o clockish and you'll wanna push it to really get that kickin tone.

Oh yah, I saw a show somewhat recently (Hypocrisy, Soilwork and a few others, I forget now) where they were all using Kranks. For some reason, bigger bands sound GREAT when using it live, but locals bands don't seem to have the same luck. It has a lot to do with what it's being mic'd with, what it's going through in the board and the rack of stuff in the back. There's no point in trying to sound like your favorite bands (I know, you didn't say you were trying to, just saying in general) unless you mic it the way they do, go through the same PA and mixing board with their rack full of stuff, etc. The V2 sounds great though, and you played it and seemed to like it, so I say go for it

Yeh ive decided to go with the v2. Dont worry im not a bedroom jammer this thing will be used live and for recording. I like the graphic eq on it i can get my own sound though it plus it gives out much more power then any other amp, And its cheap as hell. Put a tube screemer in front and a sonic stomp in the effects loop it would sound killer.

I got me a Krankenstein, its nice, REAL nice!, but it doesn't have much for tone shaping. I need an mxr kfk-1 10 band eq pedal to get the tone I'm looking for out of my Krankenstein...

I'm selling my krankenstein and getting a V2 for that reason.

I'm going to put Electro-Harmonix 12AX7EH Preamp Tubes in my v2 when I get it.

you may not need to bother with that... all the XL series come with Electroharmonix 12AX7 valves as standard except for the power section which is a 12AT7

I'll give you my input. Try signing up on the KranK forums and see if you still want one. I was on there and man they treat their customers like ****, I was informed on how some of their products also produce a "meshed tone"

I got a lot more but hell if you like em go for it, I still want a Krankenstein cab hooked to a RM100M (even though they hate anything thats not a Krank lmao :roll: )

Standard Tubes on the V2 are JJ's ECC83 and a JJ's ECC81...I've changed it all to all EH tubes.Way better.JJ's are good for nothing,get EH!

dragonguitarist said:
El_Thwatez said:
you may not need to bother with that... all the XL series come with Electroharmonix 12AX7 valves as standard except for the power section which is a 12AT7

Really? This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvOlHKuNbsQ
the guy says something about "The stock JJ's in the standard V2."

My bad, I'm pretty sure they used to come with EH's as standard, so must have changed since then...

I own both a Randall V2, and a Krank Rev1+ head. The V2 is a lot louder and much more HI-GAIN than the Krank.
The V2 had more gain with the gain knob at like 6 and the Krank at 10!
More channels and an EQ to mess around with your tone.

K.O.!!!!!
V2 WINS!!!!!!

FINISH HIM!!!!

FATALITY....

:twisted: