Twin vs Deluxe modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A friend of mine uses his Egnater Mod100 for high gain only and was thinking about trading his Deluxe Dual Channel Eggie module to me for my MHG, but I was curious about the Deluxe since I never owned one of those modules. Can anyone compare the Twin to the Deluxe? I already know I like the Twin for cleans, so I'm not sure if I want to do it or not! :? Thanks guys!

Sorry, don't own the Deluxe, but the diff between these are the Twin is fuller and twangier and the deluxe is brighter and has a bluesy C&W kind of tone to it - but I guess you already knew that.

I guess it depends on the tone you're shooting for. As for me I was thinking Randall Twin/Blckfc or Deluxe for an Eric Johnson kind of tone; ended up with a used Eggie Twin which I haven't played yet (blew a fuse).

I suppose that if you're not satisfied with the tone you can always mod it or sell it, not losing a lot of money in the proc.

BTW: Is that M4 50/50 combo working alright for you? That's basically what I have, but as above hasn't played yet.

I just traded a Deluxe for a Blackface. The Deluxe didn't have enough clean headroom for me, and the Blackface does a really good clean Twin that sounds really big and has some good crunch at higher gain settings.

Cool, thanks! I play on picking up the Twin for sure now, I figured the Twin had a bit more twang which with my gear evens out! Joey I'm not sure how it sounds since my 50/50 is here but I'm still waiting for my M4.... only a couple weeks to go, so hard to be patient! :cry:

DLX has something 'stiff' to it you hear in country music.
Twin and Bman have that typical weak Fender mid.

With some tweaking a low gain DLX can sound very close to a Twin.
(Lower gain results in a thinner sound.)
But a Twin can't sound like a medium gain DLX gainwise and 'thickness'-wise.
Bottomline: if you're in doubt between the DLX and Twin go for the DLX.

I have a single channel DLX Egnater. I like it so +1 on that opinion. I have a B'man coming soon, so I'll be able to compare. The DLX get's some great clean tones though. Very spanky. I get good Eric Johnson/Hendrix cleans from it. Egnater modules = good sound. The way I look at it ... go with whatever you can get.

Latest posts