Just saw George Lynch live.......

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlagdog

Reaction score
Had the Lynch Box with an older Marshall sitting on top of it. Well...the Lynch Box was all for show. It was powered on to standby but he never used it once. It was all the older marshall and a overdrive pedal though the Lynch cabinet.

This doesn't surprise me one bit... I love George's playing, but the man goes through amp setups like most of us go through strings.

Pete

i wonder if the dan actually uses his module? my 1086 sounds dead on for disturbed but thats not really a hard tone to dial in, i'm sure may amps can get their sounds

maximus1 said:
i wonder if the dan actually uses his module? my 1086 sounds dead on for disturbed but thats not really a hard tone to dial in, i'm sure may amps can get their sounds

I think he does, or at least he says he does in the Guitar World interview when he's on the cover. I haven't been a Disturbed fan for a few years though, I forgot what the guitars are like.

George's tone was exactly like every other guitar sound you hear live. I mean out of anyone that is playing solos and not just a tooling around. I didn't stand there and think "****, his tone is killer". He did rip it up though. They played all Lynch Mob(which I love) and "Tooth & Nail" & "Into the Fire".
I'm getting pumped to go see EXTREME in a couple weeks. Nuno is the king! Sorry if the pics are to big.

Thx. for the pics :D

Looks like an A/B pedal for the two amps ... but no Randall FTSW there...so he probably didn't use the box :-/

Extreme/Kings X are playing in your town (LV)....sadly it's too expensive for me to hit up the nearest tour date (San Fran)..otherwise I'd be all over it

His guitar guy told me the Randall was for backup and he pretty well only uses the Brahma when he actually uses it. His main sound is the Marshall just set on a growl and the pedal on the far right is a CUSACK V2 SCREAMER that he uses for everything. I have never heard of it but it is his solo and gain and is on every seconds till they break it down in a few songs. I may have to get one. I see they are only $145 on ebay.

JKD...August 23 HOB Las Vegas Extreme/Kings X! I've been waiting for an Extreme reunion forever and the time is finally here.

schlagdog said:
His guitar guy told me the Randall was for backup and he pretty well only uses the Brahma when he actually uses it. His main sound is the Marshall just set on a growl and the pedal on the far right is a CUSACK V2 SCREAMER that he uses for everything. I have never heard of it but it is his solo and gain and is on every seconds till they break it down in a few songs. I may have to get one. I see they are only $145 on ebay.

The Zoom G2G pedal is nowhere in site? :wink:

I have a CUSACK V2 SCREAMER on order!...but I think it will be hard to replace my BB preamp.

The G2G is more for practice and home direct recording not really intened for live....

according to gerry... George's tech... George is playing the Lynch Box 9 out of ten nights... he does however go by how he feels... sometimes it's changing the settings or adding a particular effect... sometimes it's breaking out an old marshall... and to that I say why the **** npt... the guy has a ton of gear...

maybe he was switching between his old Plexi and the Brahma... you don't need a footswitch fo that... and according to ppl in the inner circle... it's hard to tell the difference.

Maybe he just got some work on the old warrior and wanted to giver it some time out on the town!

I know I know I'm playing devils advocate here... still though it does not mean George does'nt use or does'nt like the Lynch Box... right???

...LOL!

I went to the L.A. show.
He used the Marshall and his Soldano from the Youtube video all night.

The reason I know he was not using the Lynch is when changing guitars they NEVER put the LB on standby only the other 2 heads.

Which is okay to because he sounded GREAT!
His playing was WAY better than the last 2 times I saw him.

IMO I don't believe Lynch's tech about using 9/10 times.

We just comfirmed L.A and Vegas were not the LB.[/img]

could be but there is also that George Lynch factory and he like to change things up... go over to the Lynch forum and pose the Q to GL himself... he will tell you what he is up to... wether it's favorable to Randall or not.

I saw George awhile back and the Marshall died in sound check so he used the Randall (Brahma module) with the pedal board. The sound smoked the old Marshall much larger with better sustain. I still don't get why he doesn't use it.

Also if any of you live in So Cal and don't know how far off the Brahma is from the Factory, send it to Dave Friedman you won't believe the difference. He also modded an SL+ to the same spec he did for Steve Stevens, and put the Mr. Scary to proper specs as well. It's worth the cash if you have the chance to do it.

yep,there's that BRAHMA again!!! put an o/d pedal in front of it and you've got killer hot-rodded marshall plexi tone!!!

Dave is modding my Brahma as we speak.
He also modded my Mr.Scary and it SMOKES!! 8)
By Far the best Hot Rodded Lynch tone I have heard. Cant wait to get my Brahma back. :D

mailman...you didn't happen to be in mid michigan testing them out did ya? my buddy jerimiah works there. he telling me that a guy came in the other day was showing him the modded MTS modules. he said it was KILLER!!!!

Yuppers!! Took them in yesterday. I go to the Mid Mich music just about everyday during my lunch break. Miha' is a good buddy of mine too. Just saw him today in fact. He was blown away by Pete's Modded 1086!! Killer stuff man!!
Keep rocking........

Dan