V2 Great Tubes For Metal...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemesis

Reaction score
I'm using my V2 for 4 month now and is really my Grail Amp.So many options nd great sound.Now I want to ask you all one thing...which tubes are the best to play metal?i play thrash death melodic metal,something similar to Arch Enemy...and I've switched the tubes on my V2 cause I've had some problem...now I use some Sovtek 12 ax7.
I've heard so many people that loves the electro harmonix,but I was planning to put some ruby tubes.
Some advice please?

Can we make this a sticky? there are so so so many queries that are the same asking about the V2 tubes and there should be a definitive topic to cover this instead of a new post that doesn't get answered every single time :)

---------

Nemesis, the EH tubes are great for these amps, nice n gritty but really really tight, they are the ones that used to come standard in the XL series, although I am not sure that is still true.

If you want detail on the differences and characteristics of different tubes, look for an online shop called 'Watford Valves' (UK based) they have a massive massive range of valves, but more importantly, they tell you the characteristics of each tube so you can work out what sort of sound you want to get from the amp!

I currently use 3 12AX7EH's in the preamp and a gold plated JJ12AT7 in the power for my T2 and that provides pure meat!

Okay Thank You man...and sorry for the amount of Tubes related post... :lol:
I'll try your advice,and search for that store...really thank to you man!

i bought 3 ruby 12ax7s for my T2 and all 3 of them crapped out im back to the stock tubes now until i can try some tungsols

My vote goes for either EH 12ax7s or if you want to splurge a little ectra cash, my V2 sounded its absolute BEST with a Groove Tubes Marshall High gain kit along with an EH 12AT7 in the power driver stage. You should get those JJs out of there anyways..they really squash some killer tone you could be getting out of that amp.

Yesterday I've bought 3 EH 12 ax7 and 1 EH 12at7,and I'll put them on my V2 as soon as possible.Thanks to you all for the advices,and I bet that this time my V2 will be at her best!
Oh by the way I've bought a Schecter Demon7,I don't know if Schecter sell it also in the US,but it's one great guitar,and cost really a few bucks!
STAY METAL GUYS!