Bogner Ubershall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be cool, I just can't get my hands on an Ubershall schematic. Do you have schemo's for this one or know of anyone???

5150 can't be done b/c there is way to much going on and it can't be fit into the current module structure.

FM

Hey, na i dont know any of the inside and out features of the ubershall or the 5150 but it would be awesome, randall needs to step it up with their sound clips on their actual site.

im sure you could fit 3 tubes into a module if you tried, im sure there is some way they could make a 5150 into a module, probally wouldent sound exact tho.

have you dudes played through that bogner personally?
I played one and i was very disappointed. All i got out of it was mud.

-dave

I own a Bogner Uberschall and if Randall can package that sound into one MTS module that would be killer! The Bogner Uberschall is the best amp I've ever heard!
I've never got mud through my Bogner but if you did, perhaps you weren't too careful with something like the bass knob(?). The controls are interactive on that amp and the bass can be pretty brutal with small changes of the knob producing big changes in sound. Actually if you go to www.bogneramplification.com and listen to the sound clips of the Uberschall on there they are pretty awesome. I wish Randall would put that kind of quality sound clip on their site for the MTS series.

I messed with the thing for a long time and i found it just to be a displeasing tone for distortion. Tone is subjective to personal tastes however differ obviously

the Bogner Ecstasy 101B head on the "red" channel is the ultimate tone i've ever heard-period!!!...

hey FM,well.i just bought a nearly new XTC module off ebay about a week ago and received it the same day that that "power" switch broke on my RM50HB...the head is still at Randall & i'm dying to get it back!!! once that happens,i'll let you know how the module compares to the real deal!!!

The Uberschall is the best amp I've ever played through...for metal, anyway. It's clean channel isn't bad at all, but that distortion channel has tons of gain but never loses its clarity. Sounds huge for rhythm AND leads, something I've always struggled with.

I would love to own an ACTUAL Uberschall, but the problem with that is they are 100 watts and to get the full effect they really SHOULD be a gigging volumes and I'm not going to get it up that high any time soon (barring me finding a band sometime soon! :wink: ) so I'll take my Egnater M4 loaded with good modules any day! However if they DO come out with an Uberschall module.... hmmmm might have to get one! :D I once sent a question to Bruce, and Frank responded saying the MHG module was supposed to sound like the Uberschall.... I owned one briefly... definately not! :p We'll see!

My 2 cents... Until recently I worked at a Bogner dealer, and I have owned a 101b.

I think the XTC has a Bogner flavor, but it doesn't nail the Bogner. It's never going to with the different power sections.

I have played the Uber many times, at gig levels as well.

Personally I would rather own my Randall, or the MOD50/100 if I had the jack. They both punch better through a mix in my opinion, and have a more percussive feel.

I find both the Bogners to be too compressed for my taste, particularly the XTC. But other guys sound great with them, a couple of my good friends own Ubers. GREAT build quality, and a certainly very strong characters tonally, and Bogner is fantastic with customer service issues.

I hope this helps in some way, they are great amps, but not for everyone.

While I like my Randall MTS and enjoy messing with the various modules, it just can't touch my Bogner Uberschall. I'm currently in a band and have played out both live and they both sound good, as does my Dual Rectifier, but the Bogner is less noisy especially at gig volumes and its distortion channel has no equal IMHO 8)
I will say this though, the RM 100 is definetly the bang for the buck champ of tube amps. But if price is not the main factor but rather tone, the Ubey just plain rules. Granted, as others stated before tone is subjective.