Channel switching problems

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

read774

Reaction score
hello, can anyone out there help me?? i bought a T2 off ebay and turned it on, plugged the footswitch in but found i could only access the clean channel, and there is no clean light showing. i tried it manually without the footswitch but still nothing. no lights showing, the channel selector and loop button dont work either....anyone know whats going on??
cheers, ben. :(

Who did you buy it off of......i got a fried V2 off ebay from a guy in Maryland last year in november. lol. I'd contact randall...those guys are super helpful. RD/Rich was really helpful to me on here as well, he's a stand-up guy.

thanks for that, this is wierd, but i have now found out that when i leave the head switched on for about half an hour it magically starts working perfectly, no problems at all, the green clean channel light suddenly illuminates and all the channels and buttons work as usual?? when i switch it off for long periods i'm back with the same problem, but when its switched off for five or so minutes only, when i turn it on it still works fine...very strange???

sounds to me like a cold solder joint maybe somewhere.....the longer the amp is on and it heats up causing metals to expand then making contact somewhere causing the amp to function properly.

You could take the chassis out of the shell and just physically look for loose/broken connections, damaged foil runs on the circuit boards. Use a pair of tweezers and lightly wiggle components....everything should be snug....if anything moves then it's a loose connection that needs to be resoldered/repaired.

Thats where i'd start anyways.

No problem dude....it's not very often I get to put my electronics tech ejumicashun to good use lol. Report on any findings. I would also open up the footswitch and have a look in there, too.